M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cold-Callers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Cold-Callers Empty
PostSubject: Cold-Callers   Cold-Callers Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:23 am

How do you deal with nuisance cold-callers; door-to-door ones and those irritating swines who phone you when you're eating/watching your favourite Tv show?

Yesterday, I had one from Red Cross, asking me for money to help with their charity. Normally, I would gladly give them a bit, but I'm literally skint at the minute (damn all the great metal albums coming out).
So, to get rid of them politely, I told him I usually have a direct debit account with them, where they take money from my bank account every month, but I recently had to cancel it because I'd lost my job, but as soon as I was back at work, I'd reopen my account with them.
He asked me why I'd lost my job, asking me if I could do what he was doing, so I told him I had Shingles (infectious skin disorder). He couldn't get away from me fast enough. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Cold-Callers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold-Callers   Cold-Callers Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:34 am

I generally ignore my phone home, people only ring my mobile! If my dads in and I have answered I give it to him. They don't call back again. My dads a scary man!
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...

Cold-Callers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold-Callers   Cold-Callers Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:43 pm

Sun Fin wrote:
I generally ignore my phone home, people only ring my mobile! If my dads in and I have answered I give it to him. They don't call back again. My dads a scary man!

Haha! I wish my dad could have been like that! He was the type to accept everything and anything from cold-callers. He's the reason I'm so harsh with them sometimes. Generally my dad was a hard-faced man, but with anyone who had to walk the streets for a living, he took pity. I suppose it's not a bad thing...until you get your next bank statement that is.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male
Number of posts : 237
Job/hobbies : History buff, highschool student.
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Cold-Callers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold-Callers   Cold-Callers Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:11 pm

You know, sometimes, I really want to verbally abuse the ones who call. I really do...
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

Cold-Callers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold-Callers   Cold-Callers Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:35 pm

wassupimviet wrote:
You know, sometimes, I really want to verbally abuse the ones who call. I really do...

I've screamed down the phone once. It's really fun, especially when you do it to the ones who phone everyday for 3 damn years just because you won't ever answer them.

Mits started making fun of them, repeating everything they said until they got really annoyed, like so:

Caller: Can I speak to Mr or Mrs Green (this isn't even our last name! They were just using it as an icebreaker to make us speak to the them)?

Mits: Can I speak to Mr or Mrs Green?

Caller: Yes

Mits: Yes

Caller: Well are you Mr Green?

Mits: Well are you Mr Green?

Caller: No, are you Mr Green?

Mits: No, are you Mr Green?

Caller: Oh f*** off! You know what I mean!

Mits: Yeah, now you know how it f***ing feels you annoying .....................!

I've also blown up on the phone before. My friends started taking the mickey and constantly rang me up just to ask if they could speak to Mr Green. I got really confused who were actually my mates and who were the cold-callers. One day, I thought it was my mate, so I waited for them to say it was, only I was wrong and by that time, I was fully roped into a conversation with a cold-caller. I lost my patience bad and I literally let my Tourettes fly.

We've now been free of phone calls from cold-callers for about 6 months now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Cold-Callers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold-Callers   Cold-Callers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:20 am

wassupimviet wrote:

My dads threatened to ring the police before. He was scaring me...
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Cold-Callers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold-Callers   Cold-Callers Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 1:23 pm

Heh, yeah, my 'repeat-everything-they-say-till-they-blow-a-gasket' approach is definitely a fun way to combat the evil that is 'the cold-caller'.

Also, speaking to them with a heavy lisp is fun too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cold-Callers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold-Callers   Cold-Callers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cold-Callers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.E.T.A.L  :: M.E.T.A.L :: Recreation Room-
Jump to: