M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boring TV?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Boring TV? Empty
PostSubject: Boring TV?   Boring TV? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:18 am

Does anyone else find TV boring?

The quality of programming in general is not what it once was; especially Comedies which really aren't that funny anymore. Saturday evenings are also flagging in entertainment nowadays compared to back in the 90's, when you could have your entire night mapped out with quality shows such as Gladiators, The Generation Game, Baywatch, etc. TV just seems bland and soulless these days.

Does anyone else feel this way?
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Boring TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring TV?   Boring TV? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:23 am

Mitsunari wrote:
Does anyone else find TV boring?

The quality of programming in general is not what it once was; especially Comedies which really aren't that funny anymore. Saturday evenings are also flagging in entertainment nowadays compared to back in the 90's, when you could have your entire night mapped out with quality shows such as Gladiators, The Generation Game, Baywatch, etc. TV just seems bland and soulless these days.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Yes! That's about how it is for me too. I used to live for some programmes when I was a kid because I didn't have much to look forward to. But today, I think the only programmes I get remotely excited about are; Ghost Whisperer, Lost and Scrubs.

It just seems that channels are more interested in repeating the same crap, trying to force us to watch things over and over in the hope it will make us interested, or they'll just repeat the same episodes of programmes because they were once popular and they're scared to try something new in case they lose viewers.

It's actually driving me insane because I like Scrubs but I can only ever see five episodes from three seasons on TV because they were the one's people liked most. If I want to see the rest, I have to buy the box sets, but I shouldn't have to, should I? confused
Back to top Go down
The Phoenix
Legion
Legion
The Phoenix

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Boring TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring TV?   Boring TV? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:14 am

I stopped watching TV long time ago. Watching movies is too painful because of the ads every 10-15 mins, the news can be read in papers.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Boring TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring TV?   Boring TV? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:33 pm

TVs bad now days, I remember the days of Gladiators, Pokemon etc. Now all I really watch is MoTD nd friends repeats because I wasn't in to it first time round!
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Sponsored content

Boring TV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring TV?   Boring TV? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boring TV?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.E.T.A.L  :: T is for... :: The Tavern Stop-
Jump to: