M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another Rant From Mai...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Another Rant From Mai... Empty
PostSubject: Another Rant From Mai...   Another Rant From Mai... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:23 pm

Rant

I've been listening to Papa Roach's new song, Hollywood Whore (it's a title, it's not like I'm calling it anyone...*cough* Pete Wentz *cough*Laughing).

Here's a part of the song:

Awake by noon, drunk by 4.
Sucked up in the show biz.
You're so lame,
You're such a bore,
I wanna kick your teeth in.
Plastic smile,
To match your style-
We can tell you got a face lift.
You're so vain, oh so vile,
You're a number one hit.

My rant concerns the line, "I wanna kick your teeth in." On Scuzz, and probably Kerrang! too, they censor this out, which I'm guessing is because they're men and they're singing about a woman.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, if this line came from a woman and she was saying it about a man, they wouldn't feel the need to censor it, right?

Maybe they're just censoring it because it's violent, but whenever you hear a huge blank bit in a song, you're undoubtedly intrigued enough to go on the internet and look up what they cut out, aren't you?

Is anyone else annoyed with the amount of censoring in songs today, or are you fine with it?
Maybe this is only an issue in Britain, held entirely by me. Very Mad Laughing
I'd love to know if this happens in other parts of the world.
Back to top Go down
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Another Rant From Mai...   Another Rant From Mai... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Mai wrote:
Is anyone else annoyed with the amount of censoring in songs today, or are you fine with it?
Maybe this is only an issue in Britain, held entirely by me. Very Mad Laughing
I'd love to know if this happens in other parts of the world.
I haven't really encountered it here in Canada. They take out swears and occasionally really sexual bits, but I haven't caught anything being removed because of violence. So... I think it's stupid censorship, but having not experienced it, I don't really have much to say.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Another Rant From Mai...   Another Rant From Mai... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:23 am

I hadn't noticed that to be honest, I wonder what Nickelback's 'Never Again' would be censered too? What pisses me off is when they censer CDs. R. Kelly's song 'I Wish Remix' is shocking when they cut out swear words (because its every other line!).
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Another Rant From Mai...   Another Rant From Mai... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:18 am

Sun Fin wrote:
I hadn't noticed that to be honest, I wonder what Nickelback's 'Never Again' would be censered too? What pisses me off is when they censer CDs. R. Kelly's song 'I Wish Remix' is shocking when they cut out swear words (because its every other line!).

Yep, it's really annoying. Luckily though, I always get the adult version of CD's, but I can completely understand why it would anger people under 18. Swearing is everywhere, why block it out? It's not just in music or on TV, it's on the streets, in schools, even in our own homes. We're going to hear swear words wherever we go.

I was watching Kerrang! Tv this morning at 4.15am and Bullet For My Valentine were on. There's a line in the song they played which is: "Have I f**ked things up again?"

The problem was, Kerrang! blocked out "F**ked"....at 4.15am! (I know we have to cut some swears out on here but I have to stick to the rules.)
But when they played Hollywood Whore by Papa Roach, they kept all of the swear words in, even the "violent" (insert heavy sarcasm here): "I'm gonna kick your teeth in..." line. confused

It's silly and inconsistent.

EidonOfTheFist wrote:
I haven't really encountered it here in Canada. They take out swears and occasionally really sexual bits, but I haven't caught anything being removed because of violence. So... I think it's stupid censorship, but having not experienced it, I don't really have much to say.

I'm glad this isn't happening everywhere. At least every country isn't as obsessed as we are with perfection and trying to stop the unstoppable. Obviously, I understand there's a need for it in the day, but after the water-shed......what's the need?

We have a water-shed for a reason. If the Government can't stick to our their choices and laws, how can they hope to teach others to do it?
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Another Rant From Mai...   Another Rant From Mai... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:08 am

I get adult albums too but R. Kelly's 'Remix City' was still censered while 'TP2.com' wasn't. Then again I got TP2.com in the USA...
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Rant From Mai...   Another Rant From Mai... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Rant From Mai...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.E.T.A.L  :: M is for... :: Ministry Of M.E.T.A.L-
Jump to: