M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guitarist or Drummer?

Go down 
3 posters

Which one?
Drummers
Guitarist or Drummer? I_vote_lcap50%Guitarist or Drummer? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Guitarists
Guitarist or Drummer? I_vote_lcap50%Guitarist or Drummer? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Guitarist or Drummer? Empty
PostSubject: Guitarist or Drummer?   Guitarist or Drummer? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:25 am

When you're looking at bands' music videos or performing on stage, are you ultimately drawn to guitarists or drummers?

Or when you're listening to music, do you mostly listen out for the drumbeat or the guitar riffs?

If you haven't got it already, I love drummers. I do listen to guitarist and bassists, but ultimately, it's the drumbeat I listen to. I just think it takes more to be able to find a decent drumbeat without repeating it in every song. Riffs have a little more leeway for repeating, meaning you can repeat the riff without noticing as much as a drumbeat.

But this is just my opinion. Let me know what yours are please.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist or Drummer?   Guitarist or Drummer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:25 am

Neither I listen out for the vocalist!
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist or Drummer?   Guitarist or Drummer? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:29 am

Sun Fin wrote:
Neither I listen out for the vocalist!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

Okay, I'll force myself to understand. Laughing

But what's the next thing for you listen out for, babe? A brilliant, unique riff, a bouncing, compelling drumbeat, or an awesome, deep bass-line? Or maybe it's the keyboards? I'd love to know...
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist or Drummer?   Guitarist or Drummer? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:05 am

I don't, I guess it dpends on the song. Really heavy stuff I guess the drums but when you've got someone like Brian May the guitar...
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Skode
Legion
Legion

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist or Drummer?   Guitarist or Drummer? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 1:55 pm

Guitarists as i grew up with friends devoted to mastering that instrument but i know a cracking drum solo when i hear one and think its just as important and spectacular an instrument in talented hands - though more through unpredicted mastery like with Keith Moon of The Who fame than spectacular OTT kits like we have with Neil Peart of Rush fame
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist or Drummer?   Guitarist or Drummer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitarist or Drummer?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.E.T.A.L  :: M is for... :: Ministry Of M.E.T.A.L-
Jump to: