M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is Punk Rock About To Be Revived?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Is Punk Rock About To Be Revived? Empty
PostSubject: Is Punk Rock About To Be Revived?   Is Punk Rock About To Be Revived? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:17 am

I'm not a huge fan of Punk but I suppose anything is better than Fall Out Boy constantly being in your face or up your backside every time you turn on the TV or Radio.

Let's take a look at the evidence why I think a Punk rock revival is lurking in the shadows:

* The return of All American Rejects brings this song: Gives You Hell, which has quite a few punk rock sounds and is very catchy, even for those who don't really like the song (Mittens).

* New song from a band that are being hailed as a new band but in actual fact they've been around since 2002. confused
Anyway, they're called Theory Of A Deadman and here's the song: Hate My Life, which also has elements of Punk.

* Also Good Charlotte are rumoured to be returning to their Punk Rock roots this year or next.

* Plus Sum 41 are making a bloody return this year too.

Now, am I right? Is this a Punk revival? Are we finally seeing the end of Emo?
Please, give me an early birthday present! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Is Punk Rock About To Be Revived?   Is Punk Rock About To Be Revived? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:16 am

Well I consider Greenday Punk Rock and there still doing well enough so I don't think its a revival just becoming more noticeable.
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Is Punk Rock About To Be Revived?   Is Punk Rock About To Be Revived? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:02 am

Sun Fin wrote:
Well I consider Greenday Punk Rock and there still doing well enough so I don't think its a revival just becoming more noticeable.

I've always classed Green Day as Punk, which, I forgot when I was making my earlier post, are making a new album this year too, as are Blink 182, and I believe Offspring are too.

But I agree to an extent. I'm unsure if Punk will come back completely, but there is a definite Punk type influence being used. A lot of the songs coming out are most definitely Rock, but there are certain elements of Punk being used to make the songs more catchier.

I've always defined Punk as being a genre that produces bouncy, rebellious music from young bands unwilling to grow up (Offspring anyone? Laughing ). There is definitely this being produced in music today. I Hate My Life - Theory Of A Deadman and Gives You Hell - All American Rejects certainly have these elements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Punk Rock About To Be Revived?   Is Punk Rock About To Be Revived? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Punk Rock About To Be Revived?
Page 1 of 1