M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry... Empty
PostSubject: Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry...   Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:01 am

This is about sleepwalking.

Mitsu has this habit, occasionally, of getting up in the middle of night to get something to eat, but he has no memory of doing it, which I guess is because he sleepwalks a lot.

The problem is this:
What if one day, he gets up and decides to cook himself something and burns either himself, the house down or both?

Basically, I'm really worried. I've been trying all sorts to help him get out of this but so far nothing works. So, I'm asking you all if you have any ideas about how I can halt the disaster from happening please?

We've tried so far:

Sleeping pills
Hiding the snacks (I can't hide everything)
Sending him to his dad's but he still does it there
And closing all the doors. He seems to do it more when the doors are open, but closing them makes no difference
Back to top Go down
The Phoenix
Legion
Legion
The Phoenix

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry...   Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:08 am

...ergh...how about offering him a dinner before the sleep Smile
Back to top Go down
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry...   Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Actually, perhaps a light supper might prevent any forays into the kitchen whilst asleep...hmmmmm...

Does anyone else have this issue, or is it just me? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...

PostSubject: Re: Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry...   Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:11 am

The Phoenix wrote:
...ergh...how about offering him a dinner before the sleep Smile

Yeah, I've thought about that before. But, and I know he hasn't said this yet, he's constantly worried about his weight, although I can't understand why, and he thinks eating too late at night, might make him put on weight. I have suggested having a biscuit or something though, but it doesn't always work.

But thanks for the idea, babe. If Mits wasn't so self-conscious (which I do respect, so don't hurt me, Mits Very Happy ), I'd definitely give this a chance.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!

PostSubject: Re: Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry...   Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:22 pm

Don't know how to deal with it but I have a funny story:

I was on holiday once and my sister went walk abouts in the night. She ate all the laxitives from the bathroom. You don't need me to tell you what happened! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry...   Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 7:57 am

Sun Fin wrote:

I was on holiday once and my sister went walk abouts in the night. She ate all the laxitives from the bathroom. You don't need me to tell you what happened! Laughing

I can just imagine it:

"Is that a BROWN WAVE coming from the bedroom?!?! Ohmygod, IT IS! Save the children, ruuuuuuuuuuun!!!!"

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry...   Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:50 am

Sun Fin wrote:

Bless! How was her stomach afterwards, Sunny? I can sympathise to an extent.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!

PostSubject: Re: Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry...   Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:07 am

Mai wrote:
Sun Fin wrote:

Bless! How was her stomach afterwards, Sunny? I can sympathise to an extent.

She was fine after a few days but untill then she just sat on the loo flushing it on occasions.
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry...   Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:41 am

Sun Fin wrote:

She was fine after a few days but untill then she just sat on the loo flushing it on occasions.

I'm glad to hear that, babe.

Sleepwalking can be, at times, quite dangerous, but short of tying the sufferer to their bed while they sleep, there isn't a cure. I think it's one thing that should be given more thought by scientists, before it evolves into something far worse than just stumbling around. I mean, I've already heard of people hurting themselves and even hurting others because of their sleepwalking. It's definitely difficult to decide who is actually the victim when something like this happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry...   Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mitsu's little problem, Mai's big worry...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.E.T.A.L  :: E is for... :: Eternal Expression-
Jump to: