M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Youtube

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:33 am

Has anyone else heard anything about youtube taking all music off as they've failed to agree rights with music companies?
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:24 pm

Sun Fin wrote:
Has anyone else heard anything about youtube taking all music off as they've failed to agree rights with music companies?

Oh No Please Tell Me It's Not True!?!?!?!?!?!? Crying or Very sad

I've heard nothing, babe, but then, I don't really look that deep when I'm on YouTube.

Where did you hear this, Sunny?
Back to top Go down
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:32 pm

Actually, I've seen it happen. I tried to watch the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song, and the sound had been removed because of copyright violation. I'm not too worried though, Youtube is usually pretty half hearted about this kind of thing, and Youtubers rise to the challenge. Just look at Yu-gi-oh! The Abridged Series- they banned the creator several times, but the episodes keep popping up.
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:56 pm

EidonOfTheFist wrote:
Actually, I've seen it happen. I tried to watch the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song, and the sound had been removed because of copyright violation.

I think I did actually see something the day. I was looking for a link to a video I wanted to post on here but most of the music videos have either disappeared or the sound has been removed.

To be honest, I just thought I wasn't looking hard enough, I do that all the time. It didn't occur to me that this was connected with Sunny's post. But now I see it must be. That's why I couldn't find a video for Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast, when I know there was one before.

It feels like Armageddon is coming!! Laughing

EidonOfTheFist wrote:
Just look at Yu-gi-oh! The Abridged Series- they banned the creator several times, but the episodes keep popping up.

Why did they ban the Yu-Gi-Oh thing, babe?
Back to top Go down
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:51 am

Mai wrote:
Why did they ban the Yu-Gi-Oh thing, babe?
Ah, well, this guy was taking Yu-Gi-Oh episodes, editing it down to a better length, and dubbing it with his own voices. The result was abridged episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh, with silly commentary on the series worked into the dialogue. I assume someone complained to Youtube, because they started taking down all his episodes, and when he continued they closed his account. He made a new account and started reposting the episodes, so they shut him down again. Other people started posting the episodes up too, and they put up the videos faster then Youtube could take them down. Eventually he just got his own site.
Back to top Go down
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Pfft, this sucks a lot, eh?

Music is probably the biggest reason I visit YouTube...and now that this has happened, I can't really see a pressing motive to go back.

Phooey. Sad
Back to top Go down
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Well, there are bands that have an account set up to show off their music videos and new songs, so you could still check those out.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:40 pm

EidonOfTheFist wrote:
Well, there are bands that have an account set up to show off their music videos and new songs, so you could still check those out.

Yeah I think R. Kelly's on there so *fingers crossed* Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:51 am

EidonOfTheFist wrote:
Eventually he just got his own site.

Good for him! To be honest, I'll see this new YouTube crack down as a good thing because it'll mean more people will be given the motive to do what this guy did, meaning we won't have to keep going to the same place for everything because they'll just make separate places for certain things, which will hopefully mean it won't be so damned difficult to download off there and wait so long for them to load.
At least, that's what I'm hoping for. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:18 am

Well there not fully on it yet as I'm using it for music right now!
Back to top Go down
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:43 pm

I think they're doing it by complaint. So, as long as the band/record label doesn't get mad and complain to Youtube, it won't be taken down.
Back to top Go down
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 7:40 am

EidonOfTheFist wrote:
I think they're doing it by complaint. So, as long as the band/record label doesn't get mad and complain to Youtube, it won't be taken down.

Well I guess that's something...

All this squabbling over trivial stuff is ridiculous...I mean really, the only people suffering here are the fans who just want to see some friggin' music videos. Mad
Back to top Go down
Skode
Legion
Legion

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 1:49 pm

This is mostly around Warner making the biggest noise about there labels music being so readily available to listen to for free on Youtube - as such they have stopped allowing official videos to be uploaded which is a travesty. Not just for yourself and i wanting to hear our kind of music but indie artists gain so much publicity for free though the site that im not sure who this benefits except the already extremelt wealthy labels such as Warner.

True fact - Rock Band videos that do not feature the user (to personalise it) get an auto delete and potential ban for the uploader if they are songs from a certain label (guess who) as they when done 100% offer a clear perfect listen of the songs. Warner as a side note also no longer get dealt with by MTV (Who own HMX the creaters of Guitar Hero series and now Rock Band) as they and they alone demanded more money for use of Masters to make songs available for the game
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:02 am

Skode wrote:
This is mostly around Warner making the biggest noise about there labels music being so readily available to listen to for free on Youtube - as such they have stopped allowing official videos to be uploaded which is a travesty. Not just for yourself and i wanting to hear our kind of music but indie artists gain so much publicity for free though the site that im not sure who this benefits except the already extremelt wealthy labels such as Warner.

True fact - Rock Band videos that do not feature the user (to personalise it) get an auto delete and potential ban for the uploader if they are songs from a certain label (guess who) as they when done 100% offer a clear perfect listen of the songs. Warner as a side note also no longer get dealt with by MTV (Who own HMX the creaters of Guitar Hero series and now Rock Band) as they and they alone demanded more money for use of Masters to make songs available for the game

Oh, this is terrible. Avenged Sevenfold are with Warner... Crying or Very sad

I was wondering why MTV had suddenly stopped playing as many rock music as they used to, so thanks for that, babe.
Back to top Go down
Skode
Legion
Legion

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:53 am

Mai wrote:
Skode wrote:

Oh, this is terrible. Avenged Sevenfold are with Warner... Crying or Very sad

I was wondering why MTV had suddenly stopped playing as many rock music as they used to, so thanks for that, babe.

Screw being worried about just AV7 as the entire Roadrunner label is under Warner and they have everyone from Slipknot and Megadeth to the more softer tones of Airbourne and Dream Theatre. Dire situation that breaks all of our hearts it would seem
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:06 am

Skode wrote:

Screw being worried about just AV7 as the entire Roadrunner label is under Warner and they have everyone from Slipknot and Megadeth to the more softer tones of Airbourne and Dream Theatre. Dire situation that breaks all of our hearts it would seem

Oh no! Mits isn't going to be happy to hear that. Killswitch are with Roadrunner.

It's terrible that this is happening. I'd have thought the labels would embrace YouTube, because it gives bands coverage. What they don't seem to realise is that they're giving themselves a bad name because people who go on YouTube aren't going to be happy to hear this. They might lose interest in their label.
Back to top Go down
Skode
Legion
Legion

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:22 am

Mai wrote:
Skode wrote:

Oh no! Mits isn't going to be happy to hear that. Killswitch are with Roadrunner.

It's terrible that this is happening. I'd have thought the labels would embrace YouTube, because it gives bands coverage. What they don't seem to realise is that they're giving themselves a bad name because people who go on YouTube aren't going to be happy to hear this. They might lose interest in their label.

It all goes down to greed - they know they have leverage to work with but must be careful as while there are demanding too much and being alienated by the likes of Youtube and MTV (part of viacom who owns Rock Band makers HMX) the other big labels like Universal are NOT making larger demands - as such for less revenue in return the competition is getting a LOT more exposure. Some of there bands such as AC/DC need no advertisement as there f'in massive but others really need that push to be recognised mainstream as given how fickle Warner are if they dont shift records they will be dropped..even though its Warners fault in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:09 am

Skode wrote:

It all goes down to greed - they know they have leverage to work with but must be careful as while there are demanding too much and being alienated by the likes of Youtube and MTV (part of viacom who owns Rock Band makers HMX) the other big labels like Universal are NOT making larger demands - as such for less revenue in return the competition is getting a LOT more exposure. Some of there bands such as AC/DC need no advertisement as there f'in massive but others really need that push to be recognised mainstream as given how fickle Warner are if they dont shift records they will be dropped..even though its Warners fault in the first place.

With the current recession and whatnot, it's harder for new bands to make it as it is. If they don't get the coverage they get on places like YouTube, they're basically f**ked. It's just plan wrong.

I can understand if Warner were a smaller label, especially now with the economy so crap. Smaller labels would need to recoup loses, and one way is to remove all uses of their bands' videos from free sites. But Warner aren't a small label and I dare say, they probably aren't in as much trouble with their money as some might be.

It just sounds selfish. Again, I come back to the recession. If Warner offered people tasters, it would be motivation enough to go out and buy things from their label. But now that they don't, I think they'll definitely suffer a great deal more than what they had done with the videos being on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube   Youtube Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Youtube
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.E.T.A.L  :: M is for... :: Ministry Of M.E.T.A.L-
Jump to: