M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Fourth Kingdom of China

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

The Fourth Kingdom of China Empty
PostSubject: The Fourth Kingdom of China   The Fourth Kingdom of China Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:22 am

Prologue

This is the ultimate tale of great love and fascinating drama; it will be a true classic in the years to come. It is the tale of friendship and love; conflicting loyalties and the art of war; but above all else, honour. This tale tells of the most feared warrior in all of China, but also the most respected and loyal servant of the Han. He was an awesome hero greater than Zhou Yu the handsome, Lu Bu the mighty, and Zhuge Liang the smart; greater even the champion of all heroes: Zhao Yun, the redoubtable warrior.

For this is the true tale of the Four Kingdoms, not ignoring the King who rescued Liu Xian and faithfully served him until the end of his life. The other three kingdoms were great in their own right but the Kingdom of Fi was the most important and is the reason our life is the way it is today, with him having designed our law systems, army structure and religious beliefs.

So listen well and pay attention because this tale is a guide to how you should live your life. They’re not perfect, many far from it with such evil villains as Cao Cao and Dong Zhou, yet they all have a part to play and all show the contrast between good and evil and how it affects your life. So listen, learn, but most of all enjoy, for it is not just a story of principles but of legendry people and a great yarn spindled by real people as they lived out their lives and made their decisions, both right and wrong. This is the tale of The Howling Wolf, Sun Fin.
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kingdom of China   The Fourth Kingdom of China Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:23 am

Chapter 1-Smoulders

“This is getting ridiculous,” stated Rang Jin shaking his head in disgust as the small band of friends came upon the smouldering remains of a village. All that was left were the dead and their partially burned down houses; the view was horrendous, the smell even worse. Many of the bodies being mutated beyond the point of telling if they were male or female; it was the sixth village in as many days that Sun Fin’s roving warrior band had come across this all too similar scene. Not that it was getting any easier to deal with.

“I guess we’d better see if anyone’s left,” whispered Gongsun Wong after a few seconds of shocked silence. As everyone moved out to check the bodies to see if any had been lucky enough to survive, Chen Tian could be heard muttering angrily,
“When we catch the fucked up scum that did this I’m going to fucking kill them; each and every fucking one of them.”

Sun Fin shook his head as he went he went upon his business; how had the once great nation of China with the powerful Han rulers come to this? The present Emperor was under the influence of the selfish, power grabbing Eunuchs, while the people were suffering and their conditions being ignored by the rich and self important members of the court. Was it really a surprise some resorted to this? Forming gangs, many travelled across China leaving chaos in their wake as they burned, raped and killed all they met. The majority of the people accompanying him were the few survivors he’d come across after these raids and had joined him to end this particular group’s reign of terror.

He was awakened from his remising as Bao Huan gave out a shout bent across a young girl,
“This one’s still alive but barely!”
Quickly the whole band assembled round the young girl. Sun Fin assessed the situation in a few seconds,
“Gongsun Wong! Get here now she needs immediate attention.” Wong was the one person in the group that had any medical knowledge; the rest were too young to have knowledge of any trade, being only youths when forced in to the adult world by the cruel reality of current life.

Suddenly, from one of the least damaged huts came a noise like a wounded animal and a young boy burst out yelling and crying. He ran over to where the girl was laying prone on the floor and set about pounding Gongsun Wong over the head with his puny hands as he desperately cried for them to leave her alone. Chen Tian was the first to react, moving to the child’s side in a moment; he gently put a restraining arm around him and led him to one side while quietly reassuring him that he was safe.

Once he was sure that the boy well, Sun Fin turned back to Wong, “What’s your verdict?” Wong looked down at the girl and her horrific wounds before he looked back up at the already lined face of his young leader whom he had long ago decided was wise beyond his years. He answered,
“She’ll heal but she needs at least two weeks without movement.” Sun Fin ground his teeth in frustration. If they left this girl to die, they’d be as bad as those he was sworn to destroy. Yet if they stayed to care for her then this gang of the so called Yellow Turbans would gain more distance on him. This was so frustrating; they were so close to catching them - the state of the village testified to that - yet to do it would mean turning his back on his principles. The only other option flickered across his mind but as soon as the idea began to form, his sharp mind turned it over. That wouldn’t work; to leave a force large enough to guard the girl would mean that the other group wouldn’t be big enough to destroy the rebels. There were barely enough to deal with them now…

Chen Tian had lost control of the boy, who now uttered a loud sob as he crouched down beside the one person he had left in the world. Sun Fin turned around and looked at him, in that long second his decision was made; everyone else the boy knew was dead - they couldn’t let him lose the girl too. He stood up sharply and declared,
“Set up camp: we’re staying here, for now,” his eyes caught those of Gongsun Wong for a few seconds and he told him quietly his stare piercing, “but be quick because I can’t, and won’t, wait long.”

Sun Fin sat in the cover of the huts that the boy had sprung from. With him were his main advisors, Bao Huan, Rang Jin and Gongsun Wong. Bao Huan’s father was the commander of a warlord’s bodyguard (called Gongsun Zan) and Huan had been frustrated by his father who refused to let him join the army of Bei Ping. Then he had met Sun Fin. The two were kindred spirits, and together they ran away with some of the city’s youth to seek their own adventures so they could come back proud warriors at the head of a mighty army. They’d seen and grown a lot in the two years since. He was arguing with Gongsun Wong, whom no-one seemed to know anything about.

He came from a distant land that he called Rome and those few who knew anything about it said it was a land of savages. He looked unlike any other men that Sun Fin had ever seen with their weirdly angled eyes and pale skin. Gongsun Wong was also the only person Sun Fin had met who admitted knowing the father he had never met. However trying to get information out of him made growing up as an orphan look easy.

“We can’t just leave her!” Gongsun Wong stood up looking exasperated across the table at Huan.
“Well if we don’t then the scum that did this to her village will do the same else where,” he spat, looking just as heated. Sun Fin looked, amused, at Rang Jin; the argument had been going on between the two of them all afternoon. Rang Jin was the youngest of the four and the son of a wealthy merchant who had paid for him to have the best possible education. Later when his village had been raided by the same Yellow Turbans group they were tracking currently, he’d been able to organise a defence that had lasted until Sun Fin’s band had arrived on the scene and chased them off. As a result he’d left his village (it holding nothing more for him after his father had died in the attack) and now he was sworn to wipe out all those known as Yellow Turbans along with Sun Fin. For the first time he ventured into the discussion.
“You’re both right and as soon as possible we can move on, however there is one other option. We could split our group in half. One to stay here and look after the girl, led by Bao Huan with you Wong supporting him in command and looking after the girl with half of the men. Meanwhile the others will come with me and Sun Fin. That will give us each about 15 men.”

Sun Fin was about to respond when noises began to float in from outside and Chen Jin, Chen Tian’s even younger brother, hurried through the door and blurted out,
“An armed man has just entered the camp looking ready for a brawl and he and my brother are fighting it out!”
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kingdom of China   The Fourth Kingdom of China Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:23 am

Chapter 2-Vow of death

Sun Fin was out of the building in a second, sword drawn as he charged towards the sounds of a brawl. Chen Tian and a solidly built man in his late teens were rolling around on the floor trying to gain supremacy. Their weapons, Tian’s two hand axes and the other fighter’s spear, lay discarded to one side.

Chen Tian was grunting between the curses he issued under his breath, “You fucking scum how dare you come here after what you’ve done!” The other fighter looked bemused but battled on grimly against the younger man’s fury.

Bao Huan was moving forward to help Chen Tian when the other warrior managed to pin him to the ground, grab the spear and hold it threateningly over Tian’s neck. He waited a few seconds as he regained his breath before declaring angrily,
“What have I done to deserve such a shit reception? I saw your fires and came hoping to be able to share some food when this stupid bastard jumped me. My name is Taishi Ci and I’m just a simple warrior tracking a group of Yellow Turbans, but I’ll fight you all if I have to!”

Sun Fin cautiously waved to his men to drop back.
“If you are who you say then we wish you no harm: we too are tracking the Yellow Turbans. As you can see, we have come across their latest raid and we’re all feeling emotional. When Chen Tian saw you he leapt to conclusions. Please except an apology on our behalf. You’re welcome to share food with us, and we’ll go with you on the morrow to track them down.”

Eyeing Sun Fin’s blade suspiciously, he slowly lowered his spear and allowed Chen Tian to get up. Gaining in confidence as no one made any moves he said graciously,
“If this Chen Tian is an average example of one of your men then I’m pleased to have met you. He damn near beat me.” Sun Fin gestured around saying,
“I’m afraid he’s the best we have, but we’ve all got scores to settle with them and we’re with you to the death.”

Sun Fin sat around a campfire with the core of his band and Taishi Ci; all in all eight of them. They had all just finished telling their tales to Taishi Ci and now they waited eagerly as he explained how this gang had earned his wrath.
“I was away hunting and when I got back I found my village destroyed and house burned to the ground. My mother was missing from the dead bodies so I headed off to try and find them, planning on doing a night raid to get her back. I hadn’t realised how many of the scum there were. When I attempted the attack they were expecting me and easily drove me away. I realised that I needed to come up with a better plan if I was to succeed. However I did see her so I know she’s still alive. I’ve been trailing them ever since looking for a better opportunity to steal her back. Now I’ve joined with you I think the time has finally come to wipe the bastards out - permanently!” He was looking teary eyed while Sun Fin responded.

“Well we’re with you as I’ve said; they’ve caused too much death for me to pass up any chance to let them live. However in their last raid they left two survivors, a boy and a young lady who is badly injured, and I can’t risk their lives by taking them with us. So I’m going to leave half my men here to care for them while we attack. When we’ve defeated them we can come back here or they can catch us up. Guan Tian is an expert tracker and I’ll leave him behind so if they recover quicker then expected the rest can follow and join us.” Taishi Ci looked at him as if he was crazy and was about to say something when Rang Jin waved him to silence and stated,
“Now I know that you think that 16 odd men can’t do much against a gang of one hundred odd, but everyone of us is has seen some real action. They are cowards - they’ve only fought the weak, crippled or helpless. Every man here is worth 5 of them. What’s more, they don’t care for their lives if it means they can end this great evil from spreading itself further across the land. I can see you don’t believe me but go to sleep now, think about it and tell us if you’re game.”

Taishi Ci walked off to the edge of the village where he started to work on his weapons. Within a few seconds Chen Tian had got up and moved to follow him. Hao Pang was half way through telling him to ‘leave him alone, he’s not worth it,’ when Gongsun Wong butted in telling him to keep his opinion to himself. Chen Tian just ignored the impending argument and followed him off.

“Can I sit down?” asked Chen Tian standing a few meters away from Taishi Ci. He indicated with his spear that he had no objection. Taking this as a good sign he sat himself down on the fallen log about a meter away from him. They sat in silence for a few minutes before Chen Tian had worked up the nerve to start talking.

“I know you think we are crazy but I trust Sun Fin and Rang Jin with my life and if they say it can be done, then I believe them. Before I joined this group I was an orphan and lived in the wilderness and I had to steal food from the local villages to survive. I’d just got caught when Sun Fin arrived. He rescued me when he was heavily out numbered: there where only 6 of them at the time. Since then I have seen Sun Fin and then later Rang Jin do some extraordinary things. I certainly will be in the attack tomorrow and I’m confident that we will succeed.” During the whole of Tian’s outburst, Taishi Ci had just stared into space in silence and continued to do so as Chen Tian got up to leave.

However when he was just about to walk off he got up and faced him,
“So you really think we’ve got a chance tomorrow?” Chen Tian smiled at him and gestured around him, “Do you really think me and everyone else would still be here if we didn’t?” Taishi Ci thought about this for a few seconds before he grasped Chen Tian’s out stretched hand.
“If you’re that confident…
“I am!”
“Then I’m in.”
“Good. Tomorrow then, we will wipe out the Yellow Turbans”
“Or die trying...”
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kingdom of China   The Fourth Kingdom of China Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:24 am

Chapter 3-Preperations for War

Taishi Ci woke up with a start; this was the first night since the Yellow Turban attack that he’d slept straight away. Opening both eyes he took a casual glance around the camp, and to his horror saw that although it was just dawn, most of the camp’s inhabitants were already up and about. Next to reach his senses was the sound of raised voices. He followed the noise with his eyes and saw that they were coming from the hut that Sun Fin had held the meeting the night before.

He stood up and strapped on his leather armour, slung his quiver over his left shoulder and his bow over the other. He then picked up the spear and held it loosely in his right hand. Time to head towards trouble and the almost certain death today would bring. He walked straight into the hut.

“You’re not going to leave me here while you go on this, this… well this suicide mission!” argued Bao Huan. Sun Fin was the picture of calm as his best friend argued his point aggressively. When he was sure he was finished (Bao Huan was breathing heavily-it had obviously been going on for a while) he stood up.

He was a different person to the tired youth Taishi Ci had met the night before. Now he was dressed in his war glory, which although was nothing special, the presence that went with it made him feel like he was seeing a young Liu Bang himself! He had no helmet so his long hair framed his face and the armour covering the rest of the hardened yet slim body was of average quality. He was armed with a sword which hung loosely at one side and a belt over his right shoulder with four blades of various sizes sheathed along it.

“Now I know you want to come with me to strike a blow for the innocent dead. But you need to remain to strike a blow for the innocent living to keep them that way. We are not going without purpose; our aim, as ever, is to save lives and if we can save that one more innocent person without any loss of life, then so much the better. I however have no qualms about dying for this cause!”

His eyes lingered for a moment on the doorway where Taishi Ci was standing. He was surprised; he hadn’t thought anyone had noticed his arrival. He missed the next few sentences as he wondered how long Sun Fin had known he was standing there. At that point he realised that the speech was probably as much for his benefit as it was for Bao Huan’s. Sun Fin was obviously very skilled at leading for someone his age.

Then he realised that everyone was looking at him. Dredging up the sub conscious memories of what had just been said he cursed himself for his lack of attention. He couldn’t quite place what had just been said so he took a deep breath and uttered,
“Tomorrow we kill!” He knew it was pathetic, but it was the best he could do on the spur of the moment. Thankfully it seemed to please the majority of the band. However he noted a wry smile on Sun Fin and Rang Jin’s faces and a slightly bemused look on Chen Tian. Still it could have been worse…

Sun Fin looked around camp. Those who had volunteered to go with him had already packed their meagre possessions and many had given important items to a close friend who was staying behind. That’s why only volunteers were being accepted for this mission. The chance of death was so high that Sun Fin refused to put someone in who didn’t believe it was the right thing to do. Saying that they’d still had to turn away members who had wanted to come and fight. He guessed he was lucky to have such a loyal group of friends.

He looked over to where Taishi Ci and Chen Tian were talking. He thought he should be pleased to have someone of his abilities serving with him but there was a niggling sensation at the back of his mind that said otherwise. However before he could think it through further he sensed a presence behind him. He sighed quietly; it was a presence that had come to represent comfort for him other the last year or so.

They both stood pensively putting of the moment where one of them would have to say what they were both thinking. Finally Rang Jin ended the time of quiet, Sun Fin thought probably the last time of quietness he’d have until after the fight,
“You’re having second thoughts.” Sun Fin looked at him, noticing that Rang Jin hadn’t pronounced it as a question. He thought about lying but he knew that it would gain him nothing.
“Kind of; after all a lot of people will die if we carry on with this”. He wondered why he wasn’t telling Rang Jin his suspicions about Taishi Ci. Rang Jin gave him a piercing stare, seemingly aware that he was holding something back, however since he didn’t push the issue Sun Fin decided to keep it quiet.
“I know it seems like it’s a bad decision but it’s the only way open to us.”

He was about to reply when Chen Tian approached. He was cheerful, looking forward to the fight as he declared that everyone was ready to go. Sun Fin sighed and told him to gather those who were going together. He thought grimly to himself that the least he could do was look confident for those risking their lives to follow him. He swore violently in his mind, why him? Why should he be the one to decide whether these men died or not? He enjoyed the power he wielded but also hated the responsibility. At sixteen he was far too young to be in a position of such power.

As the 15 odd men that he was about to lead to their death gathered in front of him, he stood straight, but the look of trust on Chen Tian’s face made him feel sick. However, he knew his duty. The cocky smile, that had become as his trade mark appeared on his face, as he boomed,
“Well, well, the time has finally come to make an end to this scum who have terrorised this area for far too long. We march in a few minutes but first I want to tell you how we’ll fight this battle. Without fear and with honour safe in the knowledge we’re fighting for righteousness. Many of us may die but it is for the good of the country and for our families that we do this for.” He ended his short speech, the men cheered wildly; they obviously felt strongly about what Sun Fin was saying. If only he could make himself believe it again. He had no qualms about dying himself; he thought back to when life had been so much simpler. It had just been him Bao Huan and a few other friends and they were free to live how they wanted, instead of now where his decision might not cost only his own life but those who trusted him too.

They gathered their weapons and then they left. As the rest walked out of camp, Sun Fin thrust the doubts out of his mind. His decision was made; there was no turning back now. If he didn’t trust his choices, his men had even less chance of surviving. The role of a leader was that of constant sacrifice and now he had to trust himself as everyone else here did. He saluted Bao Huan and those staying behind before turning and leaving perhaps for the last time.

Last edited by Sun Fin on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kingdom of China   The Fourth Kingdom of China Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:24 am

Chapter 4-Marching to War

Sun Fin walked behind the rest of the men. He prided the group on the iron discipline while being in an informal environment. It was a policy that had been rewarded with success time and time again as every man was alert despite their relaxed outlook. Therefore he didn’t feel the need to enforce them in to a marching order. However it didn’t mean there wasn’t a vanguard or rearguard. It was trying to find the right balance between comfort and survival.

Taishi Ci and Chen Tian where talking again at the front of the men having taken the role of vanguard upon themselves. The sense of unease was growing, he felt responsible for Chen Tian. Down to his extreme martial skill everyone seemed to forget that he was over 2 years younger then him. That meant he was just 14! Yet many seemed to look to him for leadership and if Sun Fin was too young for that burden then where did that leave him? That line of thought made him stop and think, was it a good or bad thing he was such good friends with Taishi Ci? Certainly he seemed able to respect him and looked up to Taishi Ci. Sun Fin was aware of the lack of suitable role models for him however on the other hand if Sun Fin’s lack of trust was justified… well it might just do more damage then good.

Just then Rang Jin dropped back, there was another one who people always forgot how young he was. Due to his quiet and calm confidence he appeared a similar age to Sun Fin rather then just a few months Chen Tian’s senior. For some reason he didn’t feel the same protectiveness towards him, he guessed that was because he went about his business much quieter then Chen Tian and as such didn’t have the same admiration from the men. Still Sun Fin mused he was still a bloody useful man to have around.

Chen Tian felt more at ease then he had in a long time, having Taishi Ci around meant he wasn’t the centre of attention any more and the admiring glances that he was getting accustomed to having thrown in his direction were beginning to get split between him and Taishi Ci. The two of them were swaggering at the front of the column and when they had started marching they had been buzzing with excitement. But the further they went the more distracted Taishi Ci got and the quieter he became. Chen Tian suspected it was the prospect of seeing his mother again, a privilege Chen Tian hadn’t experienced since the age of six when both his parents had died in a famine. He had been looked after by relatives until he had taken enough lip from his obnoxious cousin just a few years later and showed him where he could stick his money, quite literally. They threw him and a few months later his younger brother, Chen Jin, out and for many years they had fended for themselves. Then they had met Sun Fin and it had all changed…

He had held some sympathy for the Yellow Turbans originally as the system was corrupt. He of all people knew this; after all he’d watched his village officer growing fatter while his family had gone hungry and eventually starved. But the way they were going about it was all wrong. They weren’t just attacked the officials who had food to spare and were cheating innocent people from their livelihood. No they were killing and stealing from the poor and defenceless, which was why after seeing many situations like that last village he had sworn to kill them all.

He was dragged back in to the current by the sound of laughter. He saw that someone had tripped over a spear and everyone was good naturedly ribbing him about it. Chen Tian joined in, life really was good right now. He was marching in to what promised to be a spectacular battle with good friends and a great leader. What more could he possibly ask for? But for some reason Taishi Ci didn’t seem to be feeling the same…

Bao Huan was sitting in the hut, now the group was so small it was liable to be beaten by any group of bandits if they were taken by surprise. So in case of an emergency he’d posted sentries around the camp to give them warning. He had also left orders that he was to be woken if the girl became well enough to move. He knew the vulnerability that the band were in with just under half the men left under his command and this along with the worry he felt for Sun Fin and the rest had made him restless. He rolled off of the straw bed; if he wasn’t going to sleep he might as well make himself useful!

He moved around the camp checking up on the sentries, so far he’d been impressed. No-one had fallen asleep despite the cold and their distance from the fires. They also weren’t use to sentry duty, it was one of the things him and Fin disagreed on, as he thought that Sun Fin was too casual in his style and that someday he’d be made to pay for the mistake. However it hadn’t happened yet and so the men believed it was part of his legend, that he couldn’t be caught by surprise. This he thought, had understandably gone to his head. He sighed this suicide attack was another example of this bloody recklessness that seemed to be his defining attribute recently. He sighed aloud.

Gongsun Wong appeared beside him,
“Thinking about the others too?” Bao Huan turned to face him,
“Yes, I think it was a rash decision and we’ll be paying the price for it in the future.” Wong looked thoughtful for a few moments before replying,
“I don’t think Fin would do anything obviously stupid, he cares to much for his men, besides he has Rang Jin helping him and between them there more then capable.” Bao Huan rubbed some sleep from his eyes as he said,
“I don’t disagree that their capable I just think they’ve bitten of more then they can chew, 16 men against 100 is never going to work regardless of the quality of the men or the tactics. Besides I don’t like not being there if something does go wrong.” With a smile playing on his lips Gongsun Wong replied,
“Well I have some good news for you then, the girl’s awake!”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth Kingdom of China   The Fourth Kingdom of China Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fourth Kingdom of China
Page 1 of 1