M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Escargot and Frogs Legs...

Go down 
+2
Mai
Mitsunari
6 posters

What wouldn't you eat?
Escargot (Snails)
Escargot and Frogs Legs... I_vote_lcap0%Escargot and Frogs Legs... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Frogs Legs
Escargot and Frogs Legs... I_vote_lcap13%Escargot and Frogs Legs... I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Jellied Eels
Escargot and Frogs Legs... I_vote_lcap25%Escargot and Frogs Legs... I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Mussels
 13% [ 1 ]
Oysters
 13% [ 1 ]
Sweetbreads (sheep testicles)
 13% [ 1 ]
Others (tell us what they are)
Escargot and Frogs Legs... I_vote_lcap25%Escargot and Frogs Legs... I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Escargot and Frogs Legs... Empty
PostSubject: Escargot and Frogs Legs...   Escargot and Frogs Legs... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:08 am

Escargot (snails) and frogs legs – would you eat them?

What else wouldn't you eat?
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Escargot and Frogs Legs...   Escargot and Frogs Legs... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:42 am

I'll try anything once, always have done, but I've never been tested with Frogs Legs, Snails, Eels or Sheep Testicles....yet.

I've had Mussels and Oysters though and I really like them.

I'm probably one of a rare bread who likes Brussels Sprouts too. I think they have a rare taste that's unlike other foods. Too many things can taste too similar, but these are unique.

I can't think if there's anything else I'll eat or won't eat that might be considered different at the minute. I'll get back to you on that... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Escargot and Frogs Legs...   Escargot and Frogs Legs... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:15 am

I'm fussy, there's very little I WILL eat!
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Escargot and Frogs Legs...   Escargot and Frogs Legs... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Mai wrote:
I'll try anything once, always have done, but I've never been tested with Frogs Legs, Snails, Eels or Sheep Testicles....yet.
Same with me. And even if I don't like it, stuff it in a sandwich and it'll go down fine.
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...

PostSubject: Re: Escargot and Frogs Legs...   Escargot and Frogs Legs... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:07 am

EidonOfTheFist wrote:
Mai wrote:
Same with me. And even if I don't like it, stuff it in a sandwich and it'll go down fine.

Exactly! If you're forced to do something, always find something you'll like to make it go down with.

You know when you give pets their pills and whatnot, you'll always stick it in their dinner or wrap it up in ham, or something you know they'll like, and more times than not, it'll go down, right? Well, just do the same with things you don't like.

I hated peas when I was a kid, but my mum wouldn't let me leave the table until I ate them, so I used to mix them into my mash...I love mash...and I had no problem eating them after that.

If my mates dare me to eat something disgusting, I'll just grab the ham and wrap it in that. It works a treat. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Escargot and Frogs Legs...   Escargot and Frogs Legs... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:56 pm

Any of that stuff would make me projectile vomit over a whole mile, and that'd be after a mere sniff. Bleugh

Jellied Eels are the worst on that list...groooo... Bleugh Bleugh
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

PostSubject: Re: Escargot and Frogs Legs...   Escargot and Frogs Legs... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:49 am

Mitsunari wrote:
Any of that stuff would make me projectile vomit over a whole mile, and that'd be after a mere sniff. Bleugh

Jellied Eels are the worst on that list...groooo... Bleugh Bleugh

But have you ever tried any of the stuff on the list, except what you already said you'd tried, Mits? Don't you give it at least one go before you automatically think you'll hate it?

I've noticed something in the last ten years of my life; my taste in food is never the same for more than a year. I take a lot of medication that I actually have to suck or chew and they're all foul beyond imagination, and they all have had an effect in changing the taste of things I eat. That's why I'll always try something once, because I just can't be sure I won't like something just by thinking I won't.
Anything can do this to us, like a too hot curry, too much of something you like, and anything that's too savoury or sweet. If you pass up tasting something just because your sense of smell or your mind rejects it, you might actually be passing up on one of the best things you'll ever taste.
Back to top Go down
Shu Ryorin
Musician
Musician
Shu Ryorin

Female
Number of posts : 100
Location : Alaska, wandering the frozen wastes to seek the legendary Symphonic Power.
Job/hobbies : Full Time Geeky Student.
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Escargot and Frogs Legs...   Escargot and Frogs Legs... Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:59 pm

I've had escargot and liked it and mussels and oysters are rather normal food up here and they're pretty good. I've never had jellied eel or frog legs, but I love barbecued eel and I've heard from my brother that frog's not too bad, as long as the bones are removed. Something I won't eat: cow brain tacos. There are some other tacos made with bizarre bits of animals I won't eat either. My friends say they aren't bad, but the idea of them is just...

Also: bugs. The idea of eating them doesn't bother me so much, but I just can't do it. That's actually why I can't stand the thought of eating shrimp. The shells make them look like bugs. I also won't try fugu, but that's mainly because I don't want to die from a chef's carelessness.
Back to top Go down
http://ryorins-ramblings.blogspot.com/
Beowulf
Legion
Legion
Beowulf

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Escargot and Frogs Legs...   Escargot and Frogs Legs... Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 6:05 pm

Escargot is rather tasty, especially when it's cooked in butter sauce and cheese. That's one of my favourite things to eat. Everything else on the list... I don't like them, and the only one I haven't tried is sweetbreads, but eating sheep testicles isn't all that pleasing to me...
Back to top Go down
http://firesofwar.proboards.com/index.cgi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escargot and Frogs Legs...   Escargot and Frogs Legs... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Escargot and Frogs Legs...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.E.T.A.L  :: M.E.T.A.L :: Recreation Room-
Jump to: