M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tattoos...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Tattoos... Empty
PostSubject: Tattoos...   Tattoos... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:30 am

Have any of you got any tattoos and if you have, how many and what are they?

What are your general views on tattoos? When do they become mere body graffiti?
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Tattoos... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos...   Tattoos... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:58 am

I don't have any tatoo's don't intend to but I have no problem with others having them. Although when they cover up your whole body I do wonder...
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Tattoos... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos...   Tattoos... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:10 am

Sun Fin wrote:
I don't have any tatoo's don't intend to but I have no problem with others having them. Although when they cover up your whole body I do wonder...

Why's that, babe?

I really love tattoos but I do also have a few issues with people having too many because some people just do it to be different, rather than do it because they like it.
That said, I really like seeing people with their arms completely covered rather than a few scattered at different points, but that's just a preference of my. Very Happy

I don't have any myself, but I do plan on getting one or two.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Tattoos... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos...   Tattoos... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:54 am

Just feel that its a bit obsesive and I certainly wouldn't want to look like tht but its personal prefrence I guess. Its the same as I don't see he point of having loads of piercings but when it comes down to it its there body to do what they want with!
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...

Tattoos... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos...   Tattoos... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:45 am

Sun Fin wrote:
Just feel that its a bit obsesive and I certainly wouldn't want to look like tht but its personal prefrence I guess. Its the same as I don't see he point of having loads of piercings but when it comes down to it its there body to do what they want with!

Yeah, I know what you mean, babe. This:

Tattoos... Mp_main_wide_TattooConvention-1

...can be a little too excessive at times and, I know it shouldn't, but it gives the wrong impression when you meet a person with so many tattoos and piercings, which is generally down to misconceptions.

Personally, I've met people who look like this and a lot of them tend to do it because they want to make a statement, which is the reason I said I don't like it. If you're going to get a tattoo, it must be because you like it, because it's going to be there for a very long time. But saying that, I agree, it's their body...
Back to top Go down
Skode
Legion
Legion

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Tattoos... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos...   Tattoos... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:46 pm

I think the bother with tattoos these days is that they are so accessible and trendy - before they were a personal expresion and art to many degrees but most of the tattoos i see are tacky fads popularised by buffon celebritys with no meaning behind there being chosen other than "that looks pretty/hardass".

Ive only room for one more on my arms and a small one at that to complete the look ive been going for since i was in my early teens - after which its the shoulders and finally the back piece when finances get back to stretching that far. I choose what i want, think about it, think about some more, then get it...from designing it and picking and sticking with it to actually getting the piece tattood usually is about 8 months to a year for me due to experience in not rushing into an idea with a tattoo and making it not a financial burden getting one. They are rather overpriced these days but i wont go down my friend route of getting a machine and tattooing myself
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

Tattoos... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos...   Tattoos... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:58 am

Skode wrote:

Ive only room for one more on my arms and a small one at that to complete the look ive been going for since i was in my early teens - after which its the shoulders and finally the back piece when finances get back to stretching that far. I choose what i want, think about it, think about some more, then get it...from designing it and picking and sticking with it to actually getting the piece tattood usually is about 8 months to a year for me due to experience in not rushing into an idea with a tattoo and making it not a financial burden getting one. They are rather overpriced these days but i wont go down my friend route of getting a machine and tattooing myself

This is exactly how it should be. You've got a good head and you realise they're going to be there for the rest of your life. I hope you get to finish the look, Skode.
Back to top Go down
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Tattoos... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos...   Tattoos... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:56 pm

I have two small-ish ones adorning my bicep-regions, but when I finally become insanely wealthy *crosses fingers and scrunches face up*, I plan to get some original and tasteful body art done.

I think tattoos are a fantastic means of self-expression, and I definitely plan to get more. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tattoos... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos...   Tattoos... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tattoos...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.E.T.A.L  :: M.E.T.A.L :: Recreation Room-
Jump to: