M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Punk Discussion Thread

Go down 
+2
EidonOfTheFist
Mai
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Punk Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Punk Discussion Thread   Punk Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:09 am

Are you a follower of the Punk genre?

You can join other members as they discuss all things punk, bands, albums, pictures, links, etc.
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...

PostSubject: Re: Punk Discussion Thread   Punk Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 8:16 am

This thread really isn't moving, so I've got a couple of easy questions to start us off;

Do you like Punk rock?

Who, if any, are your favourite Punk rock bands and why?

Is there a Punk rock song you like?
Back to top Go down
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Punk Discussion Thread   Punk Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:06 pm

I find the Ramones easy to listen to, but most people do....

Are The Offspring punk rock? I used to listen to them quite a bit, and it wouldn't surprise me if they were.
Back to top Go down
Skode
Legion
Legion

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Punk Discussion Thread   Punk Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:01 pm

Ive always considered Punk to be the old skool stuff ala Sex Pistols who i love and also the likes of The Ramones and The Clash.

Todays punk is very different but the likes of the Offspring and Greenday are indeed to be considered a punk band by todays standards or at least they were with the sound they produced prior to selling there souls for a buck via mainstream cash cow generated pap. The best Punk band kicking about at the moment is Stiff Little Fingers for the oldies and i continue to grow to like The Gallows from what ive heard of them so far
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Musician
Musician
Knightfall

Male
Number of posts : 101
Job/hobbies : Things I do
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Punk Discussion Thread   Punk Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:45 pm

I don't listen to a whole lot of punk, I love Anti-Flag though
Back to top Go down
http://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
Phil
Legion
Legion
Phil

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Punk Discussion Thread   Punk Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:03 pm

My favorite punk bands:

Rise Against (they've become kinda rock-punk)
The Offspring
Sum 41
Old Blink 182
All My Heroes
Back to top Go down
http://thesickness.freeforums.org/
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

PostSubject: Re: Punk Discussion Thread   Punk Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:59 am

Phil wrote:
My favorite punk bands:

The Offspring
Sum 41
Old Blink 182
All My Heroes

You'll have to forgive me, Phil. I'm not a big fan of punk and I really find The Offspring a little difficult to get on with, so if you see me insulting them, I'm sorry.

Blink 182, I'm not too bad with these and Good Charlotte too, but still I find punk is at the bottom of my list of favourite genres.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Punk Discussion Thread   Punk Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:14 am

Greenday I love and does anyone else think BFS or punky to? (thats two threds in a row I've mentiond them and I'm not even listening to them!)
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Phil
Legion
Legion
Phil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Punk Discussion Thread   Punk Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:00 am

Mai wrote:
Phil wrote:
My favorite punk bands:

The Offspring
Sum 41
Old Blink 182
All My Heroes

You'll have to forgive me, Phil. I'm not a big fan of punk and I really find The Offspring a little difficult to get on with, so if you see me insulting them, I'm sorry.

Blink 182, I'm not too bad with these and Good Charlotte too, but still I find punk is at the bottom of my list of favourite genres.
Oh, so you like the mainstream punk? I can't tolerate Green Day's newer shit. Bring back Dookie! Good Charlotte is also rather annoying, though I can tolerate some songs.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Punk Discussion Thread   Punk Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:03 pm

Basket Case and that album where Greendays high point. Basically anything on the Superhits album. BoBD was the only good song on American Idiot.
Back to top Go down
Phil
Legion
Legion
Phil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Punk Discussion Thread   Punk Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:54 pm

BoBD kinda sucked, too, imo. In fact, though better than the eponymous track, it's one of the more annoying mainstream punk tracks I've heard. But yeah, everything after Superhits was much worse than everything before.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Punk Discussion Thread   Punk Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:36 pm

Phil wrote:
BoBD kinda sucked, too, imo. In fact, though better than the eponymous track, it's one of the more annoying mainstream punk tracks I've heard. But yeah, everything after Superhits was much worse than everything before.

Have you heard 21st Century Breakdown yet? I thought it was good, a step back from American Idiot but still not as good as the old stuff. Saying that I love 'Static Age'!
Back to top Go down
Skode
Legion
Legion

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Punk Discussion Thread   Punk Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:31 pm

Sun Fin wrote:
Basket Case and that album where Greendays high point. Basically anything on the Superhits album. BoBD was the only good song on American Idiot.

Both Nimrod and Dookie were decent enough albums but really they are nowhere near as good as they are made out to be. I actually really liked the Offspring growing up but like most bands they clicked that being more mainstream = a damned site more cash for there hard work and efforts. Ixnay on the Hombre is still one of my alltime favourite albums alongside Never Mind the Bollocks, Winconsin Death Trip and The Last Temptation.

Despite all this i dont consider any of these modern bands all that punk...your closer if you talk about the likes of Rancid over Rise Against, Stiff Little Fingers over The Offspring (now at least) or The Gallows over Greenday but really Punk now is nowhere near as awesome as its origins for me - as it was stated already in the days of The Ramones and certainly for me the UK division that followed from the likes of The Sex Pistols and The Clash
Back to top Go down
Phil
Legion
Legion
Phil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Punk Discussion Thread   Punk Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Sun Fin wrote:
Phil wrote:

Have you heard 21st Century Breakdown yet? I thought it was good, a step back from American Idiot but still not as good as the old stuff. Saying that I love 'Static Age'!
I doubt I'll bother to check it out. Never was remotely thrilled by any of Green Day. Mediocre at best, imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Punk Discussion Thread   Punk Discussion Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Punk Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.E.T.A.L  :: M is for... :: Ministry Of M.E.T.A.L-
Jump to: