M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Blame Game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

The Blame Game Empty
PostSubject: The Blame Game   The Blame Game Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:57 am

Do you agree that games are to be blamed for violence in the world today?

It's common that whenever someone gets hurt, or even dies, in today's society, games are blamed quite a lot.

However, many many people play games and don't kill or become violent or even act out scenes from games. It's only a select few that do.

Therefore, isn't it more likely that, the person who does wrong, already had the compulsion to become violent, or act stupidly, and not really the fault of games?

I've always said, if a person is violent or has mental health issues, nothing can really set them off, it's just that some things can make them do things earlier than they normally would have.

What are your thoughts on this subject?
Back to top Go down
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-03-07

The Blame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blame Game   The Blame Game Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Honestly, I very much doubt it causes much violence. Personally, if I feel like hitting someone, I often go and play a video game to cool off. So in that way it's more cathartic than anything else. However, I am willing to admit that there are people who will be violent because of video games- just like they would be affected by movies, television, or society in general. Some people are just very malleable that way.
Back to top Go down
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male
Number of posts : 237
Job/hobbies : History buff, highschool student.
Registration date : 2009-03-07

The Blame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blame Game   The Blame Game Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:20 pm

It's complete bullshit to put a causation between video-game playing and violence. People who would act out video-game scenes are either already indisposed to violence or have a condition where they could be easily made indisposed to violence. It may influence it, sure, but it is never the main factor.
Back to top Go down
cielo_wii
Fan
Fan
cielo_wii

Female
Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : internet surfing, online gaming
Registration date : 2009-10-22

The Blame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blame Game   The Blame Game Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:44 pm

I think not all are influenced by the games they are playing to be violent.
The one who is easily affected by the things happening on the surroundings is more likely to be influences.
Not all are like that. There are some that are capable of handling situations and know how to carry on
things lightly. They are adaptive to situations that help them control the situation. But as of now, I have
not encountered someone being violent because of video games.

Lucky enough....
Back to top Go down
http://www.dressup.me/
Sponsored content

The Blame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blame Game   The Blame Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Blame Game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.E.T.A.L  :: A is for... :: Activists Arcade-
Jump to: