M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Difficulties

Go down 
+2
The Phoenix
Mai
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Difficulties Empty
PostSubject: Difficulties   Difficulties Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:07 am

How do you deal with difficulties? Are you generally good at dealing with the hardships in life or do you fall to pieces and need help to put yourself back together?

I used to be the strong type, who did everything for myself, refusing help even when I clearly needed it. But in the last year, I've struggled.

I came from a very abusive family with no one to turn to, even for the minor things, so I learnt very early to depend on only myself. But lately, I've had some pretty difficult times trying to deal with depression and health issues. But thankfully, I've got my step-brother to help me now and despite our little spats, he's been here to help me.

So, I guess I'm the type, now anyway, who needs a bit of help every now and again because I can get a bit overwhelmed.
Back to top Go down
The Phoenix
Legion
Legion
The Phoenix

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Difficulties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Difficulties   Difficulties Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:13 am

I rely only on myself.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Difficulties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Difficulties   Difficulties Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:06 pm

I might let someone in and let them think there helping me but its very rare tht it affects me. I'm use to being able to rely 100% on myself and God.
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Difficulties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Difficulties   Difficulties Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:03 pm

As a general rule in life, I always say one can only rely implicitly on oneself, however it's crucial to be able to trust and depend on others because, well, we'll be very lonely and helpless otherwise.
Back to top Go down
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male
Number of posts : 237
Job/hobbies : History buff, highschool student.
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Difficulties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Difficulties   Difficulties Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:49 am

Mitsunari wrote:
As a general rule in life, I always say one can only rely implicitly on oneself, however it's crucial to be able to trust and depend on others because, well, we'll be very lonely and helpless otherwise.

This. I often find that I can't really communicate in my family, though, since they usually stem from that...so I rather trust in friends to talk things out. In the end, though, it all goes back to dealing with it yourself.
Back to top Go down
Skode
Legion
Legion

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Difficulties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Difficulties   Difficulties Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:40 pm

through my auld mans teaching im as cold as you get with emotion if i feel them "unnessisary" for a difficult time. In my time ive seen a lot of violence, a lot of disease and a lot of death - it makes a real man out of you and means nothing intimidates you and this is a massive reason for what i am like now in adult life
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Difficulties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Difficulties   Difficulties Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Difficulties
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.E.T.A.L  :: M.E.T.A.L :: Recreation Room-
Jump to: