M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Greatest Historical Figure

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Greatest Historical Figure Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Historical Figure   Greatest Historical Figure Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:30 am

Who are your favourite figures in history and explain why you picked them?

This isn't necessarily about war generals, it can be about ANY historical figure...
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Historical Figure   Greatest Historical Figure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:11 am

Jesus, goes without saying for me.

Sun Ce, this guy is just my hero.

Simon Peter, he gets a lot of bad press for denying God and simular things but man he lone had the nerve to follow Jesus.

Zhao Yun, TK picture boy but despite tht he is still awesome!

Genghis Khan, ok he was vicious but he was also awesome, conqured a huge amount of land.

Lord Wellington, one of the reasons the English still speak English.

King Alfred, a great King and IMO should be England's saint.

Can I say Richard Sharpe? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male
Number of posts : 237
Job/hobbies : History buff, highschool student.
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Historical Figure   Greatest Historical Figure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:11 pm

1. Le Loi, one of the greatest warrior-kings of Vietnam, and likely its greatest hero.
2. Tran Hung Dao, a man who twice repelled the Mongolian armies with Vietnam's militia army.
3. Zhuge Liang, legendary tactician and strategist of the Three Kingdoms.
4. Ho Chi Minh, a man who gave Vietnam its independence after decades of French colonial rule.
5. FDR, the president who brought the United States out of the Great Depression and through WWII.
Back to top Go down
Adam Of The North
Legion
Legion
Adam Of The North

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Historical Figure   Greatest Historical Figure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 4:45 am

1. Hannibal Barca. Just a truly brilliant man. My hero, my idol.
2. Edward III of England. A man of many tastes. A warmonger. But England's greatest king imo, if not Europe's greatest king on the grand scale.
3. Aelfred The Great. Possibly the greatest king ever in world history. People judge kings on the size of there accomplishments, the size of land they have conquered. Alfred was different, he didn't conquer a vast amount of land, he wasn't the greatest of warrior kings, but his kingship should be admired. He is imho the epitemy of a king, he should be the man that most kings should follow in rulership. A truly great and wonderful man.
4. Edward I Longshanks. Yes a great but terrible king. A political genius, a worthy warrior king. And the scourge of the Scots. But other than that he is without doubt one of our best kings. The thing that stikes me about this man was his relationship with his wife. They could never be seperated. He is the only king of Europe in his time not to commit adultry, he only had one love and that was Eleanor of Castile. He built across Britain a set of Crosses, they would become known as the Eleanor Crosses, 3 still survive to this day. All built in the location where her lifless body stopped on the way to London.
5. Jesus Christ. Well is there a greater man in history than this individual? Possibly the most accomplished man in history. I don't believe he was divine, but i do however believe in his ideals. But would he like how the Church has used his name and his teachings throughout history? I think not.
6. Zhuge Liang. A legend in my eyes, and the greatest figure of the three kingdoms. A truly impressive man. I would go as far to say that he was a Polymath. A genius in nearly all areas.
Back to top Go down
Beowulf
Legion
Legion
Beowulf

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Historical Figure   Greatest Historical Figure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:38 am

1. Guan Yu - He has the beard of legends. If any man who follows beardism (or woman, I'm not going to be sexist), Guan Yu's beard is the length of what they should aspire to.

1. Jesus - Can't get any better than Jesus.

1. Yue Fei - Great military mind, great disciplinarian, overall a great leader. If only Qin Hui and Emperor Gaozong weren't so paranoid, and decided to execute him for "Though it isn't sure whether there is something that he did to betray the dynasty, maybe there is."

1. Charlie Nagreen - The guy who invented the hamburger... Mr. Nagreen, I salute you for inventing such a delicious meal.

1. Canute the Great - A great viking king, who controlled all of England, Denmark, and Norway. Not to mention he may have inspired the Arthurian legends, pretty awesome indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://firesofwar.proboards.com/index.cgi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Historical Figure   Greatest Historical Figure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greatest Historical Figure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.E.T.A.L  :: E is for... :: Escape To The Past-
Jump to: