M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rules & Guidelines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Rules & Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Rules & Guidelines   Rules & Guidelines Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:26 am

1. Spamming -

We're lenient on spamming here at the M.E.T.A.L, though to a degree (naturally).
Please don't spam blatantly, or on a regular basis, because a formal warning will have to be issued if it persists.

2. Flaming -

Flaming other members here at the M.E.T.A.L is unacceptable. We are particularly strict and inflexible with this rule because we wish to maintain a professional and welcoming attitude.
Should anyone decide to flame another member, immediate action will be taken, I.E. a warning will be issued. In extreme circumstances - where a member has been deeply offensive and/or threatening - the offender will be banned instantly.

3. Trolling -

Please DO NOT goad or provoke another member into a negative reaction/response. To do so will result in a warning and, in some cases, an immediate ban.

4. Offensive Language -

Obviously, some swear words are deemed more 'acceptable' than others, so please bear that in mind before you post. All we ask is that you don't turn the forum into a profanity-fest, and that you use your discretion. If swear words that are deemed inappropriate are used, a member of M.E.T.A.L's staff will edit the post it was made in to make it appropriate and the member will be warned if they persist.

5. Offensive Images -

Please DO NOT post any graphically sexual/gratuitously violent images or videos.
No dodgy links to any of the above either.

6. Sexual Harassment -

If we discover anyone is making any inappropriate advances towards another member, they will be banned instantly. We will not tolerate this sort of behaviour in the least.

If anyone feels another member on this board is sexually harassing them, please contact an administrator immediately.

7. Plagiarism -

Plagiarism is, basically, an attempt to pass someone else’s work/intellectual property off as your own.
E.G. Posting a biography that isn't your own and failing to accredit the actual author.

Any member practicing plagiarism here will be reprimanded and warned.

8. Advertising -

You are permitted to advertise your own personal forums/sites here at M.E.T.A.L, but, obviously, in a discreet and professional manner. To advertise in your signature is acceptable, however BE DISCREET please.

There is only one stipulation attached regarding advertising - you must visit this forum on a regular basis to keep the privilege. If a member advertises their site and then disappears, they will lose their post and maybe their membership here at M.E.T.A.L, depending how much of a bad mood I'm in. tongue

9. Signatures -

Written signatures must be within the 500-character limit. Small images are permissive, however if you use an image that's too big, you'll be asked to reduce/remove it.
No animated images in your signatures either please, for now at least. We may change this rule at a later date, but we will let you know clearly when we do.

10. Avatars -

The limit on avatars is 150 x 150. I'm going to allow animated avatars, for now. However, that may change depending on forum performance, so please make certain you check the Announcements regularly.
No offensive avatars are allowed. If a member is caught with one, you'll find I can be just as offensive, if not more so. tongue

11. Posting quality -

Please make every attempt to use proper grammar etc whilst posting here.

12. Warnings and Bannings - I'm only adding this here so everyone can be clear about how things will work, rather than have some smart ass coming to me later saying I didn't. tongue

For minor offences: i.e. spamming, swearing, etc
3 PM warnings, before a ban is issued

For more inappropriate behaviour such as indirect/provoked flaming, pictures that are against the rules, etc:
1 PM warning, then a ban is issued

For extreme offences such as sexual harrassment, unprovoked flaming, general idiotic and provoking behaviour, etc:
An immediate ban, with no view to be lifted, which means your IP address might be banned (and don't worry, I know a proxy when I see one Wink ), subject to an Administrators decision.
Back to top Go down

Rules & Guidelines
Page 1 of 1