M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You only hear what you want to hear...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

You only hear what you want to hear... Empty
PostSubject: You only hear what you want to hear...   You only hear what you want to hear... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:07 am

I'm constantly being told I only hear what I want to hear when I'm caught ignoring someone, so I'd like to know if anyone else has selective hearing?

Do you only hear things when they are actually important or interesting to YOU?
Has it gotten you into trouble?

To be honest, my issue is that I struggle to hear loud things. When something loud is trying to drown out something quiet, I always seem to zero in on the quiet thing.
Also, if someone is sitting right next to me and the TV's on and I'm watching something, if they start speaking, I can't hear them because my attention is completely on the TV.

I can hear a bell ringing half a mile away, but I can't hear what's in my own home for s**t. Laughing

Does anyone else find they have this trouble?
Back to top Go down
Skode
Legion
Legion

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: You only hear what you want to hear...   You only hear what you want to hear... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:01 pm

My hearing is not good anyway so i cant really comment save for i cant really hear anyone from distance regardless of background noise
Back to top Go down
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: You only hear what you want to hear...   You only hear what you want to hear... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:17 pm

I can't say I have any particular trouble with my hearing...my ears are a touch more delicate than they were prior to being 18, but many nights out in clubs that play inordinately loud music are responsible for that.

I can always hear Mai muttering curses at me under her breath from a good ten feet away, so I guess my hearing's pretty good. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Phoenix
Legion
Legion
The Phoenix

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: You only hear what you want to hear...   You only hear what you want to hear... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:46 am

Pretty much yes. I completely ignore anything that I believe to be of no interest to me. Actually I don't even take the phone ringing unless I'm waiting for a particular call
Back to top Go down
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: You only hear what you want to hear...   You only hear what you want to hear... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:59 pm

In a sort of 'selective-hearing' context, then yes, I'm also blessed with the ability to 'switch off' when someone is boring the pectorals off of me...same applies to nagging and other assorted nuisances. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: You only hear what you want to hear...   You only hear what you want to hear... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:18 pm

Mitsunari wrote:
In a sort of 'selective-hearing' context, then yes, I'm also blessed with the ability to 'switch off' when someone is boring the pectorals off of me...same applies to nagging and other assorted nuisances. Very Happy

This is pretty much what I do, but then I do live with Mittens so I should be forgiven. Razz
Back to top Go down
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male
Number of posts : 237
Job/hobbies : History buff, highschool student.
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: You only hear what you want to hear...   You only hear what you want to hear... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:15 am

I guess I do kinda "weed out" what I don't want to hear. Other times, it's just that I get so involved in something that I filter everything else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You only hear what you want to hear...   You only hear what you want to hear... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You only hear what you want to hear...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.E.T.A.L  :: M.E.T.A.L :: Recreation Room-
Jump to: