M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New people

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

New people Empty
PostSubject: New people   New people Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:43 am

I was listening to the new Five Finger Death Punch album the other day, even though I was a little annoyed Darrell Roberts left, simply because I liked him a hell of a lot. But the new guy, Jason Hook, isn't too bad I suppose (given grudgingly Laughing ).

I was wondering if anyone else had any issues with new people joining bands, or even if you really liked a replacement?

Also, I was wondering if you thought getting replacements could damage a band or maybe strengthen them? Let me know...
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

New people Empty
PostSubject: Re: New people   New people Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:31 am

Mai wrote:
I was listening to the new Five Finger Death Punch album the other day, even though I was a little annoyed Darrell Roberts left, simply because I liked him a hell of a lot. But the new guy, Jason Hook, isn't too bad I suppose (given grudgingly Laughing ).

I was wondering if anyone else had any issues with new people joining bands, or even if you really liked a replacement?

Also, I was wondering if you thought getting replacements could damage a band or maybe strengthen them? Let me know...

The new Queen with Paul Roger's instead of Freddie Mercury. I know Freddie died but it still doesn't quite fit... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...

New people Empty
PostSubject: Re: New people   New people Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:30 am

Sun Fin wrote:

The new Queen with Paul Roger's instead of Freddie Mercury. I know Freddie died but it still doesn't quite fit... Sad

I haven't heard any of their new stuff, but when a member dies from a band, I really think they should try to reinvent themselves, maybe. Drowning Pool was my favourite band for a while, but then Dave Williams died and they replaced him with someone who just didn't work. Then they got Soil's singer, which wasn't too bad I guess, but I still couldn't get passed the fact that they'd lost their best singer, meaning they were no longer the Drowning Pool they were famous for, but rather a whole new band. It would have been better if they just named themselves a new band and be done with it, then they could have found their own way.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

New people Empty
PostSubject: Re: New people   New people Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:38 am

Mai wrote:
Sun Fin wrote:

I haven't heard any of their new stuff, but when a member dies from a band, I really think they should try to reinvent themselves, maybe. Drowning Pool was my favourite band for a while, but then Dave Williams died and they replaced him with someone who just didn't work. Then they got Soil's singer, which wasn't too bad I guess, but I still couldn't get passed the fact that they'd lost their best singer, meaning they were no longer the Drowning Pool they were famous for, but rather a whole new band. It would have been better if they just named themselves a new band and be done with it, then they could have found their own way.

I'd agree with that, don't get me wrong its still good but its very different to the old Queen but they used the same name (Queen+Paul Rodgers) and meh just don't like the use of the old name as Quee really was all about Mercury. On a different note if yo do listen to their new stuff I'd recomend 'We Believe' or 'Cosmos Rocks'
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

New people Empty
PostSubject: Re: New people   New people Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:07 am

Sun Fin wrote:

I'd agree with that, don't get me wrong its still good but its very different to the old Queen but they used the same name (Queen+Paul Rodgers) and meh just don't like the use of the old name as Quee really was all about Mercury. On a different note if yo do listen to their new stuff I'd recomend 'We Believe' or 'Cosmos Rocks'

I'm going to see if I can find them in a minute. I told my mate and he seems to agree with you. Maybe it is better if bands try to start anew if they get a new singer. It's not so bad if they replace a musician, although, personally, I'd still prefer them to start anew. One thing I noticed with Five Finger Death Punch is that the new lead guitarist has a different style than the old one, which I think is really good, but at the same time, I don't feel they're exactly the same band as when they started out because of the change. But it's still good. Metal 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New people Empty
PostSubject: Re: New people   New people Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New people
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.E.T.A.L  :: M is for... :: Ministry Of M.E.T.A.L-
Jump to: