M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Family

Go down 
+2
wassupimviet
Mai
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Family Empty
PostSubject: Family   Family Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:58 am

I don't really know where to put this yet so let's just see where the conversations go for now.

Right, I was wondering, how much shit do you take off a family member before you say "fuck off"? And are some members of your family allowed to get away with more stuff than others?

I've had no end of issues with ALL of my family, and I've been stabbed in the back too many times to count. Admittedly, my family isn't normal - and by that I mean, think of the worst serial killers and you'll have mine. Laughing

I want to know, please, how much each of you would be willing to forgive and forget before you gave up any hope? And what kind of things you maybe wouldn't be able to get passed when it comes to family?

Also, if people don't mind talking about it, I'd like to know if anyone has actually had any problems with family, and how you dealt with it please...
Back to top Go down
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male
Number of posts : 237
Job/hobbies : History buff, highschool student.
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:09 pm

I don't give my family members much leverage as compared to anyone else. In fact, I probably give them less. So, yeah, I've had my fair share of brushes with family members.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:13 am

I get on well with all my family, they've all had their fair share of scandal but my family (as in my parents and me by assosiation) keep out of most family arguments and we're used as the middle men that all can trust but will hear the truth back from. As for me I always tak a lot from everyone because when I do explode it is nasty and I hate myself for it afterwards (only happened 3 times). But I take a lot more crap from my dad then anyone else cos I know its not worth fighting back and he has a stressful life and needs somewhere to relieve it!
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:21 am

Sun Fin wrote:
I get on well with all my family, they've all had their fair share of scandal but my family (as in my parents and me by assosiation) keep out of most family arguments and we're used as the middle men that all can trust but will hear the truth back from. As for me I always tak a lot from everyone because when I do explode it is nasty and I hate myself for it afterwards (only happened 3 times). But I take a lot more crap from my dad then anyone else cos I know its not worth fighting back and he has a stressful life and needs somewhere to relieve it!

That's a mature way to view things, babe. But what about when you're not in the wrong but someone decides to blame you anyway? How do you deal with this?

wassupimviet wrote:
I don't give my family members much leverage as compared to anyone else. In fact, I probably give them less. So, yeah, I've had my fair share of brushes with family members.

Have they been bad brushes, babe? How do you deal with family problems?
Back to top Go down
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:17 pm

Quote :
because when I do explode it is nasty and I hate myself for it afterwards

This.

But it's not too bad. Generally, we're pretty nice to each other, till tensions start heating up.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:28 am

As I said I take a lot of crap, I just ignore my dad, normally put on some music and kick in my bed but I avoid fighting with my dad which as my friends will tell you is suprising as I love a good verbal fight. Then again they wouldn't be too scared all my friends are scared of my dad! So even when its not my fault I just keep my head dow and don't respond untill it blows over, but only with my dad.
Back to top Go down
Beowulf
Legion
Legion
Beowulf

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 3:32 am

Well I don't really have any trouble with my family now. (My dad's an old man for crying out loud. There's no point trying to argue with him.) Though I found that the best way for me was to just treat him respectfully and make whatever I had to say in a rational manner without raising my voice or showing I was agitated. (I could say I was annoyed about something, but showing it and I would've gotten a whipping.)

When I came to the age where I wanted to be listened to he said to me "You want to be treated and listened to like an adult? Then you better act like one."

I'd have to say our relationship has been pretty amicable over the years. I never argued with my mom though... (yes I'm a momma's boy.)
Back to top Go down
http://firesofwar.proboards.com/index.cgi
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 3:59 am

Beowulf wrote:
Well I don't really have any trouble with my family now. (My dad's an old man for crying out loud. There's no point trying to argue with him.) Though I found that the best way for me was to just treat him respectfully and make whatever I had to say in a rational manner without raising my voice or showing I was agitated. (I could say I was annoyed about something, but showing it and I would've gotten a whipping.)

When I came to the age where I wanted to be listened to he said to me "You want to be treated and listened to like an adult? Then you better act like one."

I'd have to say our relationship has been pretty amicable over the years. I never argued with my mom though... (yes I'm a momma's boy.)

I love this answer! I just wish all families could be dealt with so easily. I tended to just stay out of my mum's way and run like hell when my step-dad was around, until they needed something done. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Adam Of The North
Legion
Legion
Adam Of The North

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 7:01 am

Quote :
(yes I'm a momma's boy.)

High five.

Wait, my title of momma's boy was taken away, by my little nemesis, who goes by the name of Joshua. Tch little brothers.............

Well never really had any major trouble with my family really. Though me and my older Sister tend to lock horns, due to clashing personalities. Aquarians and Scorpio's don't mix well.

Never really met my real dad, alls i know of him is that he was a drunk and a wife beater, so i'd rather not know him. If i did meet him it would be more than a clashing of tongues.........

Me and my step - dad get along ok, but we hardly see eye to eye, because we are so different. He tried to mold me into someone like himself, but it never worked. We have clashed on numerous occasions, but that was due to his drinking problem, he was the nicest man when sober, but when intoxicated, he was a cocky evil man, very childish. He knew which buttons to press, to make you react.

The person i get on most with(minus my little brother) is my little sister, she is a crazy personality, and we have so much in common. Im mental and shes mental so thats probably why we get along, we don't take life to serious.

And last my little brother, my world. He is a star. Funny, witty and very clever. He's only 7, but acts like he's 21. We have our own little world, we laugh at the same things(however childish), when we do laugh at something, you will always hear in the background my mum say, ''Only in our Adam's and Joshua's world would you laugh at that''. He is a little star.
Back to top Go down
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:24 am

B'awwwwww.

On the note of little brothers, though, I definitely share the best relationship with my own. In fact, most of the time I get into tensions with my sisters is when they try to harass him for little things, so I get protective and we start yelling. My little brother and I share a lot of the same interests and all, and we do have our occasional spats, but it's nice being an older brother to him overall.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:09 am

wassupimviet wrote:
B'awwwwww.

On the note of little brothers, though, I definitely share the best relationship with my own. In fact, most of the time I get into tensions with my sisters is when they try to harass him for little things, so I get protective and we start yelling. My little brother and I share a lot of the same interests and all, and we do have our occasional spats, but it's nice being an older brother to him overall.

So whens the lil bro gonna be joining the online community? Razzing
Back to top Go down
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 4:28 pm

If I have it my way, never.
Back to top Go down
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male
Number of posts : 257

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:11 pm

wassupimviet wrote:
If I have it my way, never.
BUT DON'T YOU WANT HIM TO MEET AWESOME OL' ME?!
Back to top Go down
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 12:08 am

I'D LIKE TO KEEP HIS MENTAL SCARRING IN CHECK, M'KAY?
Back to top Go down
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:44 am

That hurts, man. I'm sure he'd pass his SAN check...
Back to top Go down
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Part of me is saying "wonder what that is..."

I hereby choose to listen to that part.
Back to top Go down
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:20 pm

wassupimviet wrote:
Part of me is saying "wonder what that is..."

I hereby choose to listen to that part.
Ah, well.

SAN= Sanity. SAN checks are when, in the Call of Cthulhu Role Playing Game, one of the characters sees something so horrifying that it threatens to shatter his mind. If he doesn't pass his SAN check, he goes insane.

Blame RPGnet for that one; that's where I picked it up.
Back to top Go down
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:35 pm

TANGENCY! YOU HAVE POISONED ANOTHER?

Quote :
That hurts, man. I'm sure he'd pass his SAN check...

*rigs dice*
Back to top Go down
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:29 pm

wassupimviet wrote:
TANGENCY! YOU HAVE POISONED ANOTHER?
AYE, AYE!
Quote :
*rigs dice*
*to fail*
Back to top Go down
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:57 pm

*no, I'm a good sibling, honest...*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family   Family Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Family
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum