M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recommend a Game

Go down 
+2
EidonOfTheFist
Mitsunari
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Recommend a Game Empty
PostSubject: Recommend a Game   Recommend a Game Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:22 am

Basically, recommend a game you've played recently or in the past that you think other members will enjoy.

It can be on any platform, past or present.
Back to top Go down
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Recommend a Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Game   Recommend a Game Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:15 pm

Rogue Galaxy for the PS2. Really epic JARPG, with a very anime-esque feel. Lots of fun side quests and minigames (including a TBS Pokemon type insect battler), and a great battle system. So stop reading and go buy it, you crazies! Go! Out with you!

Europa Universalis III for the PC. Have you ever thought to yourself "Man, I wish I could play as any nation from around the world from 1453 to 1789.... Day by day. In real time"? Well, with EU3, you can! The two expansions bop it up to 1399-1822, and you can buy EU3 Complete (the original and both expansions on one disc) from Amazon for only $11, you lucky jerks! It cost me $20.... Anyhoo, the game was incredibly well researched and very much worth a look.

Mount and Blade for the PC. Licensed by Paradox Interactive, the same company behind EU3. The difference? This one was done by two dudes in Europe. "But Eidon," you'll exclaim, "it must suck if it was done by just two dudes in Europe Bleugh " And how terribly wrong you would be. Seriously, it would be difficult to be more erroneous. You should be ashamed. The main focus of the game is the combat. It features an interesting battle system, where your mouse movements affect how you hit. You travel around a war torn land, creating an army. You can be a lone warrior, a warlord, a bandit, or a noble fighting for one of the countries. It's not for everyone, so definitely hit up the demo, which lets you go up to Lv. 7.

That's all.... for now.
Back to top Go down
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male
Number of posts : 237
Job/hobbies : History buff, highschool student.

Recommend a Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Game   Recommend a Game Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:10 pm

Total War series - Probably one of the best RTT/Civ building games out there. While it doesn't offer the greatest in city planning, its tops when it come to the combat itself. The battles are large scale affairs with tactics and quick thinking winning the day. It lacks a bit of realism, but there are mods out there that rectify this problem.

Golden Sun series - while, on the surface, it looks like your run-of-the-mill, turn-based RPG, Golden Sun offers plenty more. The Djinn system offers some extra character building levels to the game, determining what skills and classes you have, while themselves offering special attacks. Plus, Golden Sun comes story-heavy, with a pretty great plot. Alchemy is brought to the forefront as higher beings manipulate the events of the will and change fate.
Back to top Go down
The Phoenix
Legion
Legion
The Phoenix

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Recommend a Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Game   Recommend a Game Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:43 pm

Rogue Galaxy? Definitely yes. The game is a true masterpiece. Steve Blum as Zegram is awesome. Gameplay and graphics are nice. Very nice really.
There's one but however: the encountering rate is insane. Yet this maybe one of the best PS2 games.

I'm playing Assassin's Creed for PS3 now. The graphics are amazing, the physics are incredible as well. I'm only in the 4th chapter, so I can't really say much about the story. Swordfights are so real.
Not so good things: lack of variety in minimissions, ability to hack all the way through the legion of crusaders/saracins with ease.

Shinobido for PS2. Highly recommend this one. Physics are really, really nice. Graphics and story are worth playing as well, imo. I've never been a big fan of a Tengu, but Shinobido is a different story.
Back to top Go down
Skode
Legion
Legion

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Recommend a Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Game   Recommend a Game Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Fallout 3 and Oblivion are awesome and deserving of there game of the year tags earned on there near releases. The download content galvanised there worth and Fallout 3 is really reccomended for rpg nuts and newbies alike though Oblivion in my opinion the better of two will be overwhelming for new players to the RPG series given its masses of menus and options needed to fully immerse yourself in its world.

Im also want to reccoment the Ultimate Megadrive collection as it has all the classics such as the Sonic Series, The Golden Axe series and Streets of Rage series but most importantly for an RPG nut like me it features also Shining force 1,2 and Shining in the darkness and Phantasy star 1 to 4
Back to top Go down
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male

Recommend a Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Game   Recommend a Game Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 5:16 pm

Yggdra Union - a story of a princess taking up arms and leading her people against their invaders, become a queen, and lead a quest to deliver justice by her family's Holy Sword forever and ever. Plot-holes were evident, some strings were left as strings, but overall the story was satisfying. On the mechanics, the Union system was refreshing and forced me to think about unit placement, rather than just moving everyone next to the enemy.
Back to top Go down
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male

Recommend a Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Game   Recommend a Game Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:25 pm

I second Oblivion. I've played it for 5 or 6 months and made 8 or 9 characters, and I've just recently beat the main storyline... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Skode
Legion
Legion

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Recommend a Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Game   Recommend a Game Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:42 am

EidonOfTheFist wrote:
I second Oblivion. I've played it for 5 or 6 months and made 8 or 9 characters, and I've just recently beat the main storyline... Laughing

Snap - i actually make it my personal objective to do everything but the main quest till last...save when i accidently progress the story by accident as i have done in the past. Ive nearly done most of what i want with it leaving me now to tackle the Knights of the Nine and that other massive expansion that ive downloaded but have yet to start...madness that ive played it so much but still been too busy to delve into the bigger expansions.

Ive done the others but most were just really awesome bases for your characters which though short are an awesome worthwhile addictions..be you stealth (a pirates ship complete with recruitable crew which plunder gold for you and offer stealth spells, training and items), might (a castle with appropraite training and all kinds of staff from man at arms that follow you to taxidermists for showing off your bigger kills), magical (the frostcraig spire is the easiest way to get instant access to some decent alchemist equipment and the facilities to create spells and infuse magic into weapons) or evil (a nice expansion if you dont mind hiring monsters to slay people for easy cash but an ESSENTIAL purchase for vampires for its offerings within, heck it also is handy for the shrines that evil characters can use for a change).
Back to top Go down
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male

Recommend a Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Game   Recommend a Game Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Skode wrote:
Ive done the others but most were just really awesome bases for your characters which though short are an awesome worthwhile addictions..be you stealth (a pirates ship complete with recruitable crew which plunder gold for you and offer stealth spells, training and items), might (a castle with appropraite training and all kinds of staff from man at arms that follow you to taxidermists for showing off your bigger kills), magical (the frostcraig spire is the easiest way to get instant access to some decent alchemist equipment and the facilities to create spells and infuse magic into weapons) or evil (a nice expansion if you dont mind hiring monsters to slay people for easy cash but an ESSENTIAL purchase for vampires for its offerings within, heck it also is handy for the shrines that evil characters can use for a change).
If anything has made me want a 360, it's Oblivion. It's the same on both systems, except the 360 gets DLC and PS3 doesn't..... Crying or Very sad They said they were interested in bringing DLC to PS3, but that was back in 07 I believe, so it's unlikely.

Knights of the Nine was probably my favourite big quest line over all, though I haven't actually beaten the Shivering Isles yet. Eventually I might, but I keep getting sidetracked.
Back to top Go down
Shu Ryorin
Musician
Musician
Shu Ryorin

Female
Number of posts : 100
Location : Alaska, wandering the frozen wastes to seek the legendary Symphonic Power.
Job/hobbies : Full Time Geeky Student.
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Recommend a Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Game   Recommend a Game Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:23 pm

Chrono Trigger- SNES, PS1, and DS - One of the first RPGs with multiple endings, it's an old SquareSoft game with time traveling, humor, awesome characters (designed by Toriyama), and a battle system that's a sort of mix between the standard JRPG and a tactical system, with no random battles.
Back to top Go down
http://ryorins-ramblings.blogspot.com/
wassupimviet
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
wassupimviet

Male

Recommend a Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Game   Recommend a Game Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:10 pm

Shu Ryorin wrote:
Chrono Trigger- SNES, PS1, and DS - One of the first RPGs with multiple endings, it's an old SquareSoft game with time traveling, humor, awesome characters (designed by Toriyama), and a battle system that's a sort of mix between the standard JRPG and a tactical system, with no random battles.

I concur.
Back to top Go down
EidonOfTheFist
Legion
Legion
EidonOfTheFist

Male

Recommend a Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Game   Recommend a Game Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:19 pm

wassupimviet wrote:
Shu Ryorin wrote:

I concur.
Me too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recommend a Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Game   Recommend a Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommend a Game
Page 1 of 1