M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Text speak...

Go down 
+5
wassupimviet
Skode
Sun Fin
EidonOfTheFist
Mai
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Text speak... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text speak...   Text speak... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:14 am

Beowulf wrote:
wassupimviet wrote:
My eyes bleed.

With this quote, I can officially say the world is ending... Someone who's 14 and believes chatspeak/textspeak makes their eyes bleed, is a sure sign of the times. The next step is... There is no step, begin panicking, everything is going to go to hell and a hand basket soon enough.

I think it's more of a case that Wassup is a unique chap, a prodigal youth of sorts. He seems to be a linguistic purist too, which is good.

I had a chuckle at your 'Textspeak Armageddon' though... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Knightfall
Musician
Musician
Knightfall

Male
Number of posts : 101
Job/hobbies : Things I do
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Text speak...   Text speak... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:53 am

Text talk makes me want to stab someone every time I see or hear it tongue
Back to top Go down
http://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
Shu Ryorin
Musician
Musician
Shu Ryorin

Female
Number of posts : 100
Location : Alaska, wandering the frozen wastes to seek the legendary Symphonic Power.
Job/hobbies : Full Time Geeky Student.
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Text speak...   Text speak... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:56 pm

wassupimviet wrote:
You guys give me too little credit... have you ever thought that, just maybe, I just don't like textspeak...
I was the same when I was fourteen... my all youth in ages to come be as enlightened as you! Cool Laughing

My mom shortens words and butchers punctuation in texts, no matter how short they are. It's painful, especially since has an English degree. And is a lawyer.

I usually write things out in full in texts, but then, they're usually rather short messages on my part. I've only ever used textspeak in MMORPGs. "AFK," "BRB," "LFT," and "grats" are rather useful when your busy controlling a character at the same time.
Back to top Go down
http://ryorins-ramblings.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Text speak...   Text speak... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Text speak...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.E.T.A.L  :: M.E.T.A.L :: Recreation Room-
Jump to: