M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Have you met a famous Musician?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Have you met a famous Musician? Empty
PostSubject: Have you met a famous Musician?   Have you met a famous Musician? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:15 pm

Have any of you been lucky enough to meet any famous musicians?
I'd love to hear about it.

Tell me who you met, what they were like, what they said, if you can remember, and whether you got your picture taken with them?

If you did get a picture, you can post it here and show us all, if you want to.
Back to top Go down
Skode
Legion
Legion

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Have you met a famous Musician?   Have you met a famous Musician? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 2:06 pm

I cant say ive ever met a really famous Band/Artist though i have met the band Amen if that counts briefly... i was working so it didnt really make for a memorable experience. That and i actually owned the album Coma America from a good few years ago now and it sucked so there ya go haha
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...

PostSubject: Re: Have you met a famous Musician?   Have you met a famous Musician? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:25 am

Skode wrote:
I cant say ive ever met a really famous Band/Artist though i have met the band Amen if that counts briefly... i was working so it didnt really make for a memorable experience. That and i actually owned the album Coma America from a good few years ago now and it sucked so there ya go haha

I've never heard of the band, which is really weird because I remember seeing a review about the album.

What were they like, babe? I'm curious because I tend to wonder if people in bands are modest or not about their status.
Back to top Go down
Skode
Legion
Legion

PostSubject: Re: Have you met a famous Musician?   Have you met a famous Musician? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:01 am

Mai wrote:
Skode wrote:

I've never heard of the band, which is really weird because I remember seeing a review about the album.

What were they like, babe? I'm curious because I tend to wonder if people in bands are modest or not about their status.

Laid back as you can get Metal 1

They were a bit erm too laid back - they were clearly enjoying some recreational cigarettes if you know what i mean haha. They were in because they had the munchies - there was a chunky one in the band (not sure what instrument he played) who was asking if you could eat a raw whole chicken without cooking it Shocked

Funny story about it is the cook at the time was a big fan of all things kerrang if you know what i mean and she was star struck...she got the security guard to stop them leaving the premises till she met them haha only on doing so to just stand there and stare at them haha - the guard got her to sign some gear and off they went. Bloody good laugh it was but it made me wonder what it would be like if instead of Amen it was band that I was a big fan of...i mean damn ive no idea what id say if Alice Cooper, Artic Monkeys or AC/DC came along but would love to experience it for myself at least once in my lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you met a famous Musician?   Have you met a famous Musician? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:58 am

Skode wrote:

Laid back as you can get Metal 1

They were a bit erm too laid back - they were clearly enjoying some recreational cigarettes if you know what i mean haha. They were in because they had the munchies - there was a chunky one in the band (not sure what instrument he played) who was asking if you could eat a raw whole chicken without cooking it Shocked

Funny story about it is the cook at the time was a big fan of all things kerrang if you know what i mean and she was star struck...she got the security guard to stop them leaving the premises till she met them haha only on doing so to just stand there and stare at them haha - the guard got her to sign some gear and off they went. Bloody good laugh it was but it made me wonder what it would be like if instead of Amen it was band that I was a big fan of...i mean damn ive no idea what id say if Alice Cooper, Artic Monkeys or AC/DC came along but would love to experience it for myself at least once in my lifetime.

Laughing That poor woman! I bet she was kicking herself afterwards. Mind you, if the band was high, they probably didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Laughing

I know what you mean about how it might have been different if it was a band you liked.
Whenever I've seen my friends around famous people, (which doesn't happen a lot in this sleepy s**thole...Laughing) they get so goofy, even if they don't actually know them or like them.
I've always said I'd try to be as apathetic as I possibly can (I hate famous people who are arrogant, so I rarely give them a chance, because I don't want anyone from bands I actually like to ruin any illusions I have), and so far I have. I won't even acknowledge famous people if I don't particularly care for them.

But I really don't know how I'd be if I met bands such as Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine or Slipknot. I'd like to think I could keep my apathy intact, but you never know do you? Wink

It's nice to hear you got to meet a band who were laid back though. It's given me a bit of confidence to go up to someone famous, if they finally decided to acknowledge our existence here. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Skode
Legion
Legion

PostSubject: Re: Have you met a famous Musician?   Have you met a famous Musician? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:18 am

As you said lass its a case that most of them are already used to it - i mean once i saw three grown women i work trying and failing to get the confidence to get Nick Nairns autograph, then along comes this other lass who doesnt care for him who went straight up to it and got it for them Laughing . They were married women acting like star struck teenagers and it was bizzare to see them acting so. (By the way Nick Nairn is a very famous chef here in scotland for those from across the water - maybe we are different but we seem to adore chefs like Gordon Ramsey and the likes in the media even though its not a glamorous trade by normal standards for publicity)

PS. If i met Slipknot save for 2 of there members i wouldnt have a clue it was even them i met without the get up Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you met a famous Musician?   Have you met a famous Musician? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:00 am

Skode wrote:
As you said lass its a case that most of them are already used to it - i mean once i saw three grown women i work trying and failing to get the confidence to get Nick Nairns autograph, then along comes this other lass who doesnt care for him who went straight up to it and got it for them Laughing . They were married women acting like star struck teenagers and it was bizzare to see them acting so. (By the way Nick Nairn is a very famous chef here in scotland for those from across the water - maybe we are different but we seem to adore chefs like Gordon Ramsey and the likes in the media even though its not a glamorous trade by normal standards for publicity)

It's because they're used to it that makes it more nerve racking (for me at least Laughing). Every time I have conversations about what I'd be like if I met someone famous, I have really harsh views. Whenever I see girls running up to famous people and baring every part of their bodies just to get them signed and to show off, I think; "No way would I do that!". I wouldn't want to embarrass myself. But at the same time, I think they've got a lot of guts to do it.

It's just, I also begin to wonder what sort of impression it leaves. Do the famous person/s enjoy that kind of thing or do they just tolerate it? What would leave a more lasting impression, someone who acts insane, stalker-ish, or someone who just goes up to the person and speaks to them as though they would with their friends?

I just think that being more sedate would leave a better impression and welcome them to you better, because I can't see them being so familiar with someone who decided to act crazy just because their name is well-known.

Quote :
PS. If i met Slipknot save for 2 of there members i wouldnt have a clue it was even them i met without the get up Embarrassed

Here you go, babe, this is for if you ever find yourself in that situation (if you do, please send them my way Laughing):

Have you met a famous Musician? Slipknotunmasked

Have you met a famous Musician? Slipknot1
Back to top Go down
Skode
Legion
Legion

PostSubject: Re: Have you met a famous Musician?   Have you met a famous Musician? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:29 pm

I have to disagree there - if they are asked about fans i bet the ones they remember are those who are nuts or naked in there presence but the laid back respectful ones will have been forgotten as little as ten minutes later
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you met a famous Musician?   Have you met a famous Musician? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:46 am

Skode wrote:
I have to disagree there - if they are asked about fans i bet the ones they remember are those who are nuts or naked in there presence but the laid back respectful ones will have been forgotten as little as ten minutes later

Really? I'm just saying it on my opinion. I'd be more drawn to the reserved fans. But I know you're right. If you're loud and want to be seen, you'll be seen. If you're quiet and just want to say hi, I suppose you'll be overlooked. Maybe I need to get my puppy's out more! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Legion
Legion

Female
Number of posts : 34
Job/hobbies : customer service rep
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Have you met a famous Musician?   Have you met a famous Musician? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 am

i have met

Terji, Gunnar - TYR
Robin - Sonic Syndicate
Mike Peters - The Alarm
Slim Jim Phantom - The Stray Cats
Kirk Brandon - Spear of Destiny
Glen Matlock - Sex Pistols
Peter Prakonik - Hawkwind
Mathias Malmberg & Rainer Nygard - Diablo
All of Biomechanical and 3 Inches of Blood - went drinking with them after the gig!
Dark Tranquility and Caliban
Rich Ward, Chris Irvine (Jericho) - Fozzy
Tim - The Rotted
Jussi, Tude, Mathias, Netta - Turisas
All of Season End
Matt Shadows, Johnny Christ - Avenged Sevenfold
Paul Phillips - Puddle of Mudd
ZP Theart, Herman Li, Sam Totman - Dragonforce

think thats it!

Last edited by Fenrir on Thu May 28, 2009 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://forum.hhlive.co.cc
Baiko Arashi
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Have you met a famous Musician?   Have you met a famous Musician? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:13 am

i dont know if you guys have ever heard of "Live" but when I was but a wee lad they brought me on stage out of the crowd and the guitarist gave me his pick.... oh twas a good day indeed.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Legion
Legion

Female
Number of posts : 34
Job/hobbies : customer service rep
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Have you met a famous Musician?   Have you met a famous Musician? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:11 am

yea Live were pretty good
Back to top Go down
http://forum.hhlive.co.cc
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you met a famous Musician?   Have you met a famous Musician? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:46 am

Fenrir wrote:
i have met

Terji, Gunnar - TYR
Robin - Sonic Syndicate
Mike Peters - The Alarm
Slim Jim Phantom - The Stray Cats
Kirk Brandon - Spear of Destiny
Glen Matlock - Sex Pistols
Peter Prakonik - Hawkwind
Mathias Malmberg & Rainer Nygard - Diablo
All of Biomechanical and 3 Inches of Blood - went drinking with them after the gig!
Dark Tranquility and Caliban
Rich Ward, Chris Irvine (Jericho) - Fozzy
Tim - The Rotted
Jussi, Tude, Mathias, Netta - Turisas
All of Season End
Matt Shadows, Johnny Christ - Avenged Sevenfold
Paul Phillips - Puddle of Mudd
ZP Theart, Herman Li, Sam Totman - Dragonforce

think thats it!

Dammit! How come you've met so many? And Avenged Sevenfold?!!!! I'm going to cry..... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you met a famous Musician?   Have you met a famous Musician? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you met a famous Musician?
Page 1 of 1