M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Love At First Sight"

Go down 
+3
Sun Fin
The Phoenix
Mai
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

"Love At First Sight" Empty
PostSubject: "Love At First Sight"   "Love At First Sight" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 4:53 am

Do you believe in "love at first sight"? Is it possible for someone to fall head over heels in love with someone they've only just met?
Back to top Go down
The Phoenix
Legion
Legion
The Phoenix

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: "Love At First Sight"   "Love At First Sight" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:15 am

Yes...unfortunately
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!

PostSubject: Re: "Love At First Sight"   "Love At First Sight" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Maybe, not experienced it but I think you can get something when you touch someone...
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: "Love At First Sight"   "Love At First Sight" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:35 am

I can't say I believe in love at first sight, but it might have something to do with issues I have when it comes to relationships.

I've been in love....twice in fact, but I never thought "I love you" before I spoke to those two men. I tend to make friends with people before I enter a deeper relationship, even if I think I could spend the rest of my life with that person. My stance is, if you can't make it as friends, you cant make it as anything else. The only problem with that is, even if I think I like someone, but we don't make it as friends first, I have to back away...

Last edited by Mai on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skode
Legion
Legion

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: "Love At First Sight"   "Love At First Sight" Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 1:04 pm

No - we are all animals at heart, such beliefs devolve more from lust than love in my opinion. Love comes much later through connected bonds and shared experiences where as it is merely infatuation for someone to consider someone they just met as "the one" for whatever reason
Back to top Go down
Adam Of The North
Legion
Legion
Adam Of The North

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: "Love At First Sight"   "Love At First Sight" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 4:04 am

Ive never been a believer of love at first sight. If it was true, i fall in love everytime i make eye contact with a pretty girl. Its just a coincidence that some people fall in love at first time meeting them. Alot of these love at first sights end quite quickly. True love should take time. It is more rewarding imo.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!

PostSubject: Re: "Love At First Sight"   "Love At First Sight" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:31 am

Adam Of The North wrote:
Ive never been a believer of love at first sight. If it was true, i fall in love everytime i make eye contact with a pretty girl. Its just a coincidence that some people fall in love at first time meeting them. Alot of these love at first sights end quite quickly. True love should take time. It is more rewarding imo.

Good point, espically the last one! Im not saying all love at first sight is bound to failure as I know a few that do work. Like I knew a few arranged marriages that have worked but most fall to pieces very quickly.
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Knightfall
Musician
Musician
Knightfall

Male
Number of posts : 101
Job/hobbies : Things I do
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: "Love At First Sight"   "Love At First Sight" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:42 pm

As a cynic I must say that love at first sight is bullshit, however, it is possible to be so mesmorized by the beauty of another so much that you are convinced you love them, but true love, it is not, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, such things are very complicated and up for interpretation.

So, to answer the question, NO, I do not in anyway believe in love at first sight, I believe people merely convince themselves of it to make life seem more exciting
Back to top Go down
http://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: "Love At First Sight"   "Love At First Sight" Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:42 am

Hmm, I think it DOES exist...personally.

And no, I'm not confusing this with 'lust at first sight'...you can fall in love with someone you may not otherwise find 'beautiful', it's more about the emotion the person evokes in you.
Back to top Go down
Adam Of The North
Legion
Legion
Adam Of The North

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: "Love At First Sight"   "Love At First Sight" Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:08 am

Quote :
And no, I'm not confusing this with 'lust at first sight'...you can fall in love with someone you may not otherwise find 'beautiful', it's more about the emotion the person evokes in you.

Yes but that could just come from one side. You may feel love at first sight but they may not. Hence its still lust in my eyes. Though it may turn out to be love at first sight, theres a chance it could happen, just not a big believer in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Love At First Sight"   "Love At First Sight" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Love At First Sight"
Page 1 of 1