M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Emo - Insult or Genre of Music?

Go down 
3 posters

Emo?
Genre of music
Emo - Insult or Genre of Music? I_vote_lcap0%Emo - Insult or Genre of Music? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Insult
Emo - Insult or Genre of Music? I_vote_lcap0%Emo - Insult or Genre of Music? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Not even a word
 0% [ 0 ]
Don't care, I listen to metal!
Emo - Insult or Genre of Music? I_vote_lcap100%Emo - Insult or Genre of Music? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Emo - Insult or Genre of Music? Empty
PostSubject: Emo - Insult or Genre of Music?   Emo - Insult or Genre of Music? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:39 am

Is the word Emo what you would use to describe music by bands such as My Chemical Romance, Fall out Boy (Sick), Kids In Glass Houses, etc? Or is it an insult you throw at people who enjoy listening to pop-rock but claim they're listening to rock?

You can use this thread to joke or have serious discussions, but please don't actually insult one another.
Back to top Go down
The Phoenix
Legion
Legion
The Phoenix

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Emo - Insult or Genre of Music?   Emo - Insult or Genre of Music? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Now I finally know what this emo thing is:) Not my thing definitely.
Back to top Go down
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Emo - Insult or Genre of Music?   Emo - Insult or Genre of Music? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:28 pm

Me neither, Emo is undoubtedly the most incredulously popular genre ever to smudge the music scene, imo.

It's not the fans that are the problem, it's the endless string of effeminate guys getting together to produce piss-weak music that has no value or merit; it's basically pop music, but with faux-rock overtures.

I think the word Emo IS an insult, as I only ever hear it nowadays when describing a new band on the Rock scene with no 'balls' or integrity. So, enough said. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Emo - Insult or Genre of Music?   Emo - Insult or Genre of Music? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:31 pm

Mitsunari wrote:
Me neither, Emo is undoubtedly the most incredulously popular genre ever to smudge the music scene, imo.

It's not the fans that are the problem, it's the endless string of effeminate guys getting together to produce piss-weak music that has no value or merit; it's basically pop music, but with faux-rock overtures.

I think the word Emo IS an insult, as I only ever hear it nowadays when describing a new band on the Rock scene with no 'balls' or integrity. So, enough said. Very Happy

Yes, and if you really have a death wish, you call me Emo just to annoy me. Crying or Very sad

And because, for most of last year, Emo has received a pretty bad reception, My Chemical Romance being stupidly blamed for a young girl's depression is an example, the word Emo has now very much become a derogative insult to all Goths. However, I'm a Goth, but I listen to Metal, Hardcore, Metalcore and the like.

I admit I had an interest in My Chemical Romance, but that was before their sound moved further away from Goth and Punk and into Emo. I have no issue with this band though, other than that they decided to pass up their preferences just to become "famous", and I shouldn't be labelled as an Emo for having them as the only Emo band in my music library.

But I take it all in good fun now, because EMO IS FADING OUT!! I'm not sure if that's a great thing, cos Punk's on it's way back I think, but it's definitely a plus. It means I want have to listen to Fall Out Boy every time I turn on a music channel. More Slipknot Please! Metal 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emo - Insult or Genre of Music?   Emo - Insult or Genre of Music? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emo - Insult or Genre of Music?
Page 1 of 1