M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Drummers Discussion Thread...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Drummers Discussion Thread... Empty
PostSubject: Drummers Discussion Thread...   Drummers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:18 am

I'm a big fan of drummers such as, The Rev from Avenged Sevenfold, Tom Decker from Spineshank and Moose from Bullet For My Valentine, but I find that drummers don't get enough attention, when in fact, they should. So, my one mission in life is to change this.

Does anyone else feel the same way, that it's not fair on drummers when the attention is always focussed on Singers and Guitarists?

It takes a lot to be a good drummer, this should be acknowledged, right? Drums

Tell me who your favourite drummers are and why you think they should be acknowledged. Discuss other members' choices if you like.
Back to top Go down
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Drummers Discussion Thread...   Drummers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:22 pm

Justin Foley from KsE is about the best all-round drummer I've ever heard, quite frankly. His predecessor at KsE, Tom Gomes, was fairly nifty too.

I also like Gordon Morrison from Raging Speedhorn, Tommy Decker from Spineshank, Abe Cunningham from Deftones, Brad Wilk from Rage Against the Machine and, despite his pop-inclinations, Dave Grohl from Nirvana, Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stone Age.
Back to top Go down
Phil
Legion
Legion
Phil

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Drummers Discussion Thread...   Drummers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 12:06 pm

The best all-around drummer I've heard is Danny Carey, without one doubt. He employs a variety of different styles and controls the pace and progression of the song so well, which is what a drummer should do. he's amazing, excelling at a variety of different styles and is constantly improving and expanding himself. I was never a huge drum fan before, but Danny does such inspirational work.
Back to top Go down
http://thesickness.freeforums.org/
Knightfall
Musician
Musician
Knightfall

Male
Number of posts : 101
Job/hobbies : Things I do
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Drummers Discussion Thread...   Drummers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:36 pm

My favorite drummer is Travis Smith (Trivium) his style is incredible
Back to top Go down
http://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drummers Discussion Thread...   Drummers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drummers Discussion Thread...
Page 1 of 1