M.E.T.A.L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.E.T.A.L isn't just about music. We're here to offer support to everyone with everyday life issues, as well as an easy going forum where everyone is welcome to discuss almost all aspects of their lives in a place that offers fun and games for all!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Singers Discussion Thread...

Go down 
+3
Mitsunari
Sun Fin
Mai
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Singers Discussion Thread... Empty
PostSubject: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:22 am

Who are your favourite rock singers and why?

Tell us what it is you look for when choosing your favourite singers, voice, the look of them, what they do when they're performing, etc?
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:03 pm

I go by voice, depth and the passion they put in to it! Fredie Mercury of course is up there along with Chad Kroeger of Nickelback and Chester Charles Bennington of Linkin Park (if you consider him rock) and of course Jon Bon Jovi!
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : Stuff...varied, exciting...uh...stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Has to be the Metalcore troupe for me:

Howard Jones (Killswitch Engage, Blood Has Been Shed)

Jesse Leach (KsE, Seamless)

Robb Flynn (Machine Head)

Dave Williams (RIP) (Drowning Pool)

'Mad' Dave Draiman (Disturbed)

Matt Heafy (Trivium)

Max Cavalera (Soulfly)

Aaaand, there's more...I'll get back to you... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female
Job/hobbies : Hurting those who are the cause of all pain...Fall Out Boy is next on my list...they hurt my ears...

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:35 am

Mitsunari wrote:
Has to be the Metalcore troupe for me:

Howard Jones (Killswitch Engage, Blood Has Been Shed)

Robb Flynn (Machine Head)

Dave William (RIP) (Drowning Pool)

'Mad' Dave Draiman (Disturbed)

Matt Heafy (Trivium)

What Mits said but without Jesse Leech and Max Cavalera, but with added:

Matt Tuck - Bullet For My Valentine

M Shadows - Avenged Sevenfold

Corey Taylor - Slipkot and Stone Sour

Jared Leto (Voice only, not his personality:lol:) - 30 Seconds To Mars

Jacoby Shaddix - Papa Roach

Till Lindemann - Rammstein

Ian Watkins - Lostprophets

Sully Erna - Godsmack

And the ULTIMATE! Jonny Santos - SPINESHANK (THEY HAVE REFORMED!) Metal 2

I'd also like to repeat one of Mitsu's choices:

Dave Williams - Drowning Pool. He died way too soon and deserves to be mentioned more than once.
Back to top Go down
Sun Fin
M.E.T.A.L All Star
M.E.T.A.L All Star
Sun Fin

Male
Number of posts : 336
Location : Battling for Wu with Sun Ce...... In his imagination
Job/hobbies : Writing stories.... School unfortunely!

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:55 am

Mai wrote:

Got to agree with you there his got a quality voice.
Back to top Go down
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Nine_Dragons/index.php?act=idx
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:23 pm

Sun Fin wrote:
Mai wrote:

Prior to their latest material, I'd agree, mate. However, he doesn't perform that semi-scream anymore...it showed he actually had a good range, imo.
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:02 am

Mitsunari wrote:
Sun Fin wrote:
Mai wrote:

Prior to their latest material, I'd agree, mate. However, he doesn't perform that semi-scream anymore...it showed he actually had a good range, imo.

On the album he does, Mits. It's just that, for a while, the band seemed to embrace a more Emo style to their appearance because that was what was popular at the time.

Yes A Beautiful Lie wasn't as raw and heavy as the first, but it was still amazing and his voice was no less brilliant. It's just their appearance that changed and that can have a really big affect on the way we see their music too.

But, and I'm speaking hopefully here, they've changed their appearance...again...so hopefully all those weird haircuts won't have damaged them completely and their new album will be just as good and we won't be so hard pressed to say we like them because they've definitely dropped the Emo.

Mind you, we might be looking at a new genre if we actually do go by their appearance:

Singers Discussion Thread... Shannonleto--large-msg-123430985897

Lumberjack Metal anyone? Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Phoenix
Legion
Legion
The Phoenix

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:20 am

There are too many good singers really. I'd name Bruce Dickinson, Dave Draiman and Jorn Lande as my favourites.
Back to top Go down
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 7:38 am

Mai wrote:

HAHAHAA!

Laughing

Yeah man, Lumberjack Metal would be da shiiiiiiiiiit! Metal 1
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:53 pm

Mitsunari wrote:
Mai wrote:

HAHAHAA!

Laughing

Yeah man, Lumberjack Metal would be da shiiiiiiiiiit! Metal 1

With his voice and their clothes and their tendency to be complete idiots with their own safety, it could be a whole new revolution...or something like that. Laughing

I was listening to Machine Head and I keep going through phases with Robb Flynn's voice. I do like the deepness of his groans and screams and he's an amazing singer, but whenever I listen to every song back to back on The Blackening, I start to get a bit bored. If only he went higher with his groans a few times, I'd be a really happy girly.
Back to top Go down
Mitsunari
KsE Fiend
KsE Fiend
Mitsunari

Male

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:40 pm

Mai wrote:

I was listening to Machine Head and I keep going through phases with Robb Flynn's voice. I do like the deepness of his groans and screams and he's an amazing singer, but whenever I listen to every song back to back on The Blackening, I start to get a bit bored. If only he went higher with his groans a few times, I'd be a really happy girly.

Yeah, the songs are quite lengthy on The Blackening...it's as if the songs meld together sometimes, and I tend to lose track of what song I'm listening to.

I cannot believe I omitted Jonny Santos from my initial list! Bad Mittens! *facepunches oneself off chair*

That man is one of the prime reasons I actually got into heavier music in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Mai
Dark Angel
Dark Angel
Mai

Female

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 2:44 am

Mitsunari wrote:

Yeah, the songs are quite lengthy on The Blackening...it's as if the songs meld together sometimes, and I tend to lose track of what song I'm listening to.

That's exactly it. I only tend to listen to "Aesthetics of Hate" and "Now I Lay Thee down" now because I can't really get into the others because of how long they are. It's a shame really because their guitarists and drummer are amazing but they tend to get drowned out by Robb Flynn's vocals.

Quote :
I cannot believe I omitted Jonny Santos from my initial list! Bad Mittens! *facepunches oneself off chair*

That man is one of the prime reasons I actually got into heavier music in the first place.

Don't worry, I'll make sure you pay! Twisted Evil How is it possible you could miss out Jonny? I mean, you're the one who introduced me to Spineshank.

Spineshank are also the reason I listen to heavier music. Metal 4
Back to top Go down
Phil
Legion
Legion
Phil

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 12:16 pm

My top vocalists:

1. Maynard James Keenan- Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer: Amazing variety in his vocals, to go along with great range and expert lung capacity (listen to the 25 second scream in The Grudge. Yes, I timed it.). Also, he sounds the same in concert as on the albums due to the little tooling (no pun intended) done to the vocals.
2. Chris Cornell- Soundgarden, Audioslave, solo: Seriously, the dude can blow. The best vocalist I've seen live. Hands down.
3. Seth Boyce- Etched in Red: Awesome clean and screaming vocals with near seamless transitions.
4. Rody Walker- Protest the Hero: Very different vocals, going along with the very imaginative dual guitar work. Amazing stuff.
5. Todd Smith- Dog Fashion Disco, Polkadot Cadaver, Knives Out!: Haunting vocals, is the best desciption, yet he ranges from screams to falsetto to lounge-style. Sometimes he is reminiscent of Mike Patton of Mr. Bungle and Faith No More, but he brings a unique flair to many songs and plays the guitar and even the keys in Polkadot Cadaver.
Back to top Go down
http://thesickness.freeforums.org/
Knightfall
Musician
Musician
Knightfall

Male
Number of posts : 101
Job/hobbies : Things I do
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:34 pm

My top 3 vocalists:

Matt Heafy (Trivium)
Rody Walker (Protest the Hero)
Seth Boyce (Etched In Red)
Back to top Go down
http://metalmayhem.forumotion.com
Phil
Legion
Legion
Phil

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:40 pm

Knightfall wrote:

Rody Walker (Protest the Hero)
Seth Boyce (Etched In Red)
Metal 2
Back to top Go down
http://thesickness.freeforums.org/
Skode
Legion
Legion

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:53 pm

Bon Scott RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singers Discussion Thread...   Singers Discussion Thread... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Singers Discussion Thread...
Page 1 of 1